|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LONDON, January 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) taught an oft-repeated lesson to stock market players last year. However, the wisdom of not buying into the hype is easily forgotten in the stock market. Nothing else can explain the hoopla that surrounded Facebook IPO last year, especially after the IPO debacle of its conjoined twin Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ: ZNGA). While other internet stocks like Groupon are still struggling to live up to the lofty valuations, Facebook and Zynga are now looking to break some new ground to salvage their position. StockCall in-depth analysis on Facebook and Zynga are available upon registration on
Facebook Makes Foray into Social Search
Facebook also recently tried to arouse interest by making cryptic announcements about its future plans. While the sector analysts were making bizarre assumptions about the introduction of new Facebook phone, the real deal turned out to be much tamer offering of social media search function. While many market pundits went gung ho claiming Facebook to be the new Google, the reality is much more prosaic. While the new function is not going to be a considerable threat to Google, but it can certainly help Facebook in gaining lead over its peers like Yelp and LinkedIn. However, since the stock declined soon after the announcement, it is clear that the market is taking Facebook's plans with a pinch of salt. The concept of social search is already used by companies like Netflix, LinkedIn and Yelp. So, the investors will have to wait to see if Facebook will be able to give it a new spin.
Given the fact that Facebook has not made any fundamental change to its business, the rollercoaster ride of its stock can be attributed to idiosyncrasies of stock market. However, lately, the stock has been attracting Hedge Fund and institutional investors, retail investors can ride the tide while it lasts.
Zynga Moves from Internet Money to Real Money Gambling
Zynga Inc. [Free Research Report on ZNGA](1), on the other hand, received a major setback when Facebook announced its independent foray into social gaming. Zynga receives a major chunk of its revenue from its collaboration with Facebook, so its bottom-line is going to feel the heat in coming quarters. However, at the same time, Zynga is moving away from its internet legacy. In order to better monetize its offerings, the company now offers online casino games in the UK. On the similar lines, its application for offering real money casino games in Nevada is also under review. It is still not going to be an easy road for Zynga as online gambling is one hot spot fraught with complicated legal implications.
Zynga is also struggling to retain its talent as it has seen massive exodus of its management and creative talent in past couple of months. The problem is only set to get more compounded as the social gaming company also plans to lay-off as many as 150 employees to cut its costs. On the plus side, the company has rather robust balance sheet with healthy cash reserves which it may use to buy back its shares and provide value to its investors. So, while the stock is not likely to show upward move like Facebook, it may stabilize in the medium-term.
- Zynga Inc. Technical Analysis [ http://www.StockCall.com/ZyngaInc012313.pdf ]
StockCall.com is a financial website where investors can have easy, precise and comprehensive research and opinions on stocks making the headlines. Sign up today to talk to our financial analyst at
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict