|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 12:00 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Many of the digital marketing trends 2013 will likely see are marketing ideas or strategies that have been successful in the past, but with a new twist that will make these ideas and strategies even more successful in the present and in the future. The digital marketing landscape has changed significantly in the past few years, and some of the more apparent factors for this change are social networking sites, such as Twitter, Facebook and more recently Pinterest. However, there are other less apparent factors that are influencing the way that digital marketers operate and how consumers find and share information.
Here are a few of the digital marketing trends 2013 will likely see an increase in.
Mobile Marketing – Mobile marketing is fast becoming one of the hottest digital marketing trends in 2013. The number of people who bought smart phones and other mobile devices last year far outnumber those who bought new computers. The sheer volume of mobile devices makes mobile marketing a real no-brainer for those who want to make big impact with their marketing efforts.
Creating content that is mobile device friendly and versions of websites that can be viewed from a mobile phone is a great way to take advantage of this mobile technology. Keeping in touch with clients and customers with customized IM ad campaigns can also be an effective mobile marketing strategy.
There are undoubtedly many more ways that mobile marketing can be used to promote a business, brand or product. This side of the digital marketing world is still relatively new, so there is a lot of room for growth and those that are quick to stake out a corner in the market will likely be very successful in the near future.
Dynamic Content – Dynamic content can enable marketers to tailor their marketing efforts to each individual visitor to the website. This is possible by collecting data about each visitor as they navigate through the site. On subsequent visits, the website can pull up content or products that the visitor may be interested in, as determined by the algorithm that processes the data collected from their previous visits.
This is seen mostly on websites like Amazon.com, where the "Recommended For You" feature is almost uncanny in the way it selects book choices. It does this based on the past searches and purchases of the users. Other businesses can use this technology on their own websites to help tailor the content to the interests of each user. There are a number of programs available that enable this feature; one well known one that customizes advertisements is AdSense, which has a "remarket" feature.
Creating Content That Brings Value – Creating content that is focused on providing value to the reader or user is also something that is taking on new importance. This is more of a mindset change than a whole new strategy. Everyone knows that the internet is driven by content, and up until recently most marketers have been creating that content with the intent of making it more visible to Google and other search engines.
While on page SEO is still important, it is taking more of a back seat to the actual quality of the content. Marketers are realizing that the best way to see results isn't to try to trick Google into giving the page a higher page rank, but to bring value to the readers that they will in turn want to share and recommend to others. This sharing is now more important thanks to social websites that allow a user to share a link to an article with just a click of a button.
Media Contact: Amber Rose Internet Income University, 877-474-9344, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Internet Income University
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict