|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2013 01:15 PM EST||
PHOENIX, AZ -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Robert Wallace, executive vice president of Venture Services at Tallwave, a premier lean business accelerator and venture management firm, was named president-elect of the The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE®) - Arizona, effective January 1, 2013 for a six month term. Wallace steps into the role after over five years of deep involvement with the group, including a stint serving as executive director from 2008 - 2009.
As Wallace prepares to lead TiE Arizona's mission of promoting and fostering entrepreneurship, he sees the non-profit's role as creating and leveraging entrepreneurial energy in the name of Arizona's economic growth and innovation.
"There is a lot of media coverage regarding entrepreneurial activity in cities such as Silicon Valley, Boston, New York and even up-and-comers such as LA, Denver or Austin which are all branded around a market sector such as 'Silicon Valley,' 'Bio Corridor,' etc.," said Wallace. "But none are positioned or branded around the people who create the innovation, or who deliver the capabilities in those regions. Arizona is the first to aim to deliver on the promise of a robust ecosystem focused on the 'people,' not the 'places or the things' with its 'Entrepreneur Valley.'"
Outgoing TiE Arizona president and board member Dr. Steven Stralser, professor of Entrepreneurship, Thunderbird School of Global Management, will continue to lead the organization during the leadership transition.
"TiE members in Arizona and globally have played a powerful role in shaping the entrepreneurial ecosystem," said Dr. Stralser. "We could not be more pleased to have Robert on board to lead TiE Arizona as its programming continues to provide our membership the tools to advance these results and nurture the next generation of entrepreneurs."
Wallace's role at TiE Arizona is an ideal complement to his position at Tallwave, where he leverages his entrepreneurial and strategic marketing expertise to develop and implement strategies for Tallwave early-stage ventures. Wallace has more than a decade of start-up and client-side experience developing growth strategies, positioning companies, and bringing products to market.
Tallwave is a lean business accelerator and venture management company specializing in validating, commercializing and scaling emerging technology and digital media ventures. Founded in 2010 by former senior executives from Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, and iCrossing, Tallwave helps businesses identify, achieve and sustain growth using lean-validation principles. Tallwave has successfully worked with over 25 companies in its Venture Accelerator and has added four companies to its Venture Management portfolio. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, Tallwave has offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles. For more information about Tallwave, visit www.tallwave.com or call 602-840-0400.
About TiE® Arizona
TiE Arizona is the local chapter of TIE Global the largest worldwide association of entrepreneurs with 61 chapters in 17 countries. TiE Arizona was founded to inspire, foster and support entrepreneurship in Arizona. Anyone starting or running a business, and anyone working with an entrepreneur or in an entrepreneurial company find immense value in the educational, networking and partnership opportunities available through TiE. For more information about TiE Arizona, please visit https://arizona.tie.org/.
Global Connect Communications
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- The CTOvision Big Data Top Enterprise Tech List: The most important data technologies to accelerate into your infrastructure
- Financial Results, New Contracts, Stock Performance Update, Survey Results, and Scheduled General Meetings - Research Report on Yahoo, Youku, YY, ChinaCache, and j2 Global
- Analyst One Announces Top Analytical Technologies List
- Canadian Companies Embrace Offshore Outsourcing in a Big Way
- SC13 Exhibitor Profiles
- Innovative Products, Financial Results Schedule, Annual General Meeting, and Mortgage Survey Results - Research Report on Google, TripAdvisor, Akamai, Bitauto, and Bankrate
- Enterprise Cloud Computing: Dallas – January 23 – 24, 2014
- Extending and Augmenting Hadoop
- Global Cloud Computing Services Industry
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Financial Results, New Appointments, and General Meetings - Research Report on Red Hat, Yelp, Sierra Wireless, Infinera, and Bitauto
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Azure CLI Day 3 – account set
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- Red Hat Extends Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platform with Latest Versions of Popular Programming Languages and Databases
- Big Data and Telecom Analytics Market: Business Case, Market Analysis & Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Microsoft's Chase After Google Reverberates