|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 01:04 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vg2hq9/big_data_market) has announced the addition of the "Big Data Market - Global Scenario, Trends, Industry Analysis, Size, Share And Forecast, 2012 - 2018" report to their offering.
The humungous amount of data generated across various sectors is termed as big data. The exponential growth in the quantum of big data is leading to the development of advanced technology and tools that can manage and analyze this data. Hadoop technology is used by Yahoo, Facebook, LinkedIn and eBay among others to manage and analyze the big data. This study will provide complete insights of the Big Data market and explain about the current trends and factors responsible for driving market growth. The analysis will prove helpful for emerging players to know about the growth strategies implemented by existing players and help existing players in strategic planning.
The report includes segmentation of the big data market by components, by applications and by geography. The different components included are software and services, hardware and storage. Software and services segment dominates the components market whereas storage segment will be the fastest growing segment for the next 5 years owing to the perpetual growth in the data generated. We have covered eight applications namely financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunication, government, retail and media & entertainment and others in the application segment. Financial Services, healthcare and the government sector are the top three contributors of the big data market and together held more than 55% of the big data market in 2012. Media and Entertainment and the healthcare sectors will grow at high CAGR of nearly 42% from 2012 to 2018. The growth in data in the form of video, images, and games is driving the media and entertainment segment.
The key drivers, restraints and opportunities are a part of this study along with the impact analysis of the drivers and restraints, which would serve as a strategic tool for players of the market to take corporate decisions. Porter's five forces analysis covered will further help the reader to understand the intensity of competition among the different players in the market. The market share analysis of the players of this market will give a holistic picture of the intensity of competition prevalent in the market. In addition to this; the research also includes an overview of the big data market by product requirements consisting of existing Database Management Systems (DBMS), Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), Structured Query Language (SQL) and Hadoop. The comparison between SQL databases and Hadoop would provide a better idea about the benefits of Hadoop over SQL.
We have used secondary research for deriving our market numbers for each segment of the research report and further validated our analysis with C-level executives of major companies operating in the big data market as well as the users of big data tools through means of primary research to finally come up with our results.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Preface
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Big Data Market Analysis
Chapter 4 Big Data Market By Product Requirements
Chapter 5 Big Data Market by Components
Chapter 6 Big Data Market By Application
Chapter 7 Big Data Market By Geography
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP)
- Teradata Corporation
- Opera Solutions
- Mu Sigma
- Splunk Inc.
- Calpont Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vg2hq9/big_data_market
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict