|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2013 12:33 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- C2Call GmbH, developer of FriendCaller, the world's first social communication app to support free mobile video chat services across Apple iOS devices including iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad, Android-based smart phones and tablets, and the FriendCaller Web Phone, today announced the introduction of FriendCaller HD Video Chat for the Android Tablet and the iPad.
"Due to the larger screen, the tablet format is perfect for simultaneously supporting group HD video calling for up to seven participants, alongside other social communication streams including one-on-one texting and location sharing," said Michael Knecht, CTO of FriendCaller developer C2Call GmbH. "We are proud to unveil FriendCaller HD Video Chat for both the Android Tablet and the iPad, which now makes it possible for users of these popular tablet devices to connect with their friends across town, or across the globe, in HD."
In addition to leveraging HD video calling functionality, FriendCaller HD Video Chat also provides users with the option of turning their device into a phone by subscribing to a real, personal phone number. Features supported by the personal phone number include the ability to:
- Send texts/SMS or call any phone number worldwide via the iPod touch
- Experience HD video calling on 3G/4G or Wi-Fi networks
- Exchange multimedia messages (MMS) videos, animation, location information, and share contacts
FriendCaller's real phone number for Android Tablet and iPad users is available at no charge for the first month. Following the one-month free trial, users can continue to subscribe to the real phone number for $0.99 per month. FriendCaller users can cancel their real phone number at anytime, without restrictions or cancellation fees. Also, for a limited time, FriendCaller is giving away call credits than can be used to dial landline numbers, when users share their feedback on the HD video-calling feature.
C2Call uses unique and complex algorithms that leverage the cloud-hosted technology to provide users with complete social communication experience. Some of the unique features that are currently unavailable with other mobile calling apps include HD video calling that supports up to seven participants, with the capability to add an additional 20 participants in a voice-only chat, a real phone number, photo and video sharing, location sharing, Text Messaging (SMS), Browser-based Web Phone, Caller-ID, CallMe-Links, and video calling. FriendCaller also offers multi-lingual support for the English, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Chinese languages.
C2Call is the first company to offer free cloud hosted video and voice calls without the need to download software. C2Call's FriendCaller is the first free multi-point video-calling app that works across all desktop browsers and smart phone platforms. CEO Martin Feuerhahn and CTO Michael Knecht founded C2Call in 2008. Investors in C2Call include Bill Draper, an early Skype investor.
For more information visit www.FriendCaller.com.
Apple, iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks, iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict