|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2013 10:37 AM EST||
PLEASANTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, announced the first of the conference keynote speakers, availability of a DotOrg Pavilion, and new sponsors including Amazon Web Services, Google, Clustrix, Scalebase, PalominoDB, Database Trends & Applications, and Linux Journal, for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013. In addition, nominations are now being accepted for the 2013 MySQL Community Awards which will be awarded during the Community Networking Reception during the conference.
The 2012 conference was widely regarded as one of the best MySQL-focused conferences in years. With sponsorship and speakers from some of the world's most admired brands, the conference was enthusiastically received by more than 1,000 attendees, many of whom praised the breadth and caliber of the sessions. The conference was so popular that Percona added a fourth day to the 2013 conference schedule.
Confirmed Keynote Presenters
Robert Hodges, CEO of Continuent, will leverage over 30 years of database and application engineering experience in his keynote titled "Thinking Small About Big Data -- How MySQL Can Thrive in the World of Massive Data Hype."
Peter Zaitsev, CEO of Percona, will speak on the state of the MySQL ecosystem in his welcome address to attendees.
Call for DotOrg Pavilion Exhibitors Now Open
This year's conference will once again feature a DotOrg pavilion, a free expo hall space for non-commercial projects relevant to the MySQL community. Previous year participants included projects like phpMyAdmin, CentOS, Mozilla, MariaDB, Drizzle, and MySQL Sandbox. Space is limited and applications close February 10 so apply now.
New sponsors Amazon Web Services, Google, Scalebase, Palomino DB, and Pythian join a growing list of industry heavyweights who have joined to support the conference. Sponsors become part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 developers, business managers, technology evangelists, database administrators, and entrepreneurs in the heart of Silicon Valley. Sponsorship opportunities for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013 are available. Sponsors already committed to the event include:
- Diamond Plus: Amazon Web Services, Continuent
- Gold: Google
- Silver: Box, Clustrix, Couchbase, ParElastic, Scalebase, SkySQL
- Exhibitors: Akiban, Altoros, Booking.com, Codership, PalominoDB, Pythian, Sphinx, ScaleArc, STEC, Tokutek
- Media Sponsors: Database Trends & Applications, Linux Journal, O'Reilly, Web and PHP Magazine
2013 MySQL Community Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2013 MySQL Community Awards. To nominate a deserving person, application or company, visit the OpenLife.cc website. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 24, during the Community Reception. The deadline to submit nominations is January 31.
Planning to Attend?
Take advantage of Super Saver registration discounts by registering now.
Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013.
The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
April 22-25, 2013
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,800 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict