|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 08:03 AM EST||
Glam Media, Inc. (www.GlamMedia.com), a leading vertical social media company with the largest online global reach in lifestyle, today announced it has partnered with Moat Inc., (www.moat.com), a SaaS analytics company focused on transforming brand advertising online, in establishing industry-leading metrics and benchmarks for measuring content engagement and effectiveness beyond traditional measures such as page views and social shares. These new content analytics are delivered as Glam Content Analytics, powered by Moat.
Glam Content Analytics can help determine how much attention a user is paying to a particular piece of branded content and how that attention benchmarks against other campaigns. The user's attention is examined through focus-related attributes such as whether the user is actively scrolling through the content and how much time is spent with the content in the user’s active browser window, among other factors.
“The industry has galvanized momentum around the notion of content marketing—be it creation, curation, syndication, etc.—as an effective means to enhance consumer connection to brands,” said Luke Kigel, SVP and Managing Partner, Universal McCann. “The ability to understand the effectiveness of the content itself is paramount, what works and what doesn’t, and what ‘working’ even means in content. There needs to be a mechanism to prove out the power and added benefits of content marketing to drive a client’s business. Glam Content Analytics offers something that has never existed in this form and is sorely needed.”
Glam and Moat collected data from over 350 Glam bloggers running more than 60 content marketing campaigns in order to create valid tools that help define what makes branded content most effective and helps brands and content creators better understand what drives quality content.
“Moat is well-known for measuring attention to ads, and they are at the cutting-edge of measuring the right things,” said Erin Matts, Glam Media Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Marketing Officer. “As an active supporter of IAB’s Rising Star units, we have seen Moat up close through their work with the IAB in helping to study ad effectiveness and establish interaction benchmarks and we knew they had the rigor and right approach to partner with us in tackling this challenge.”
“Nature Made distinguishes itself by setting higher standards for everything that we do, and a core factor in our decision to partner with Glam Media and Glam Content Analytics was their creation of industry-leading digital measurement tools for the category,” said Erin O' Malia Gehan, Vice President of Marketing, Nature Made, the number one selling broad line vitamin and supplement brand in the grocery, drug, club and mass channels. “In collaboration with our agency, Mindshare, we look forward to high-quality products that maximize the effectiveness of our consumer touch points in the marketplace."
“After building technology to measure ad effectiveness, the progression to measuring content is a great fit for us,” said Jonah Goodhart, Moat CEO and Co-Founder. “Glam Media’s leadership position in media, as well as content marketing, creates a unique opportunity to leverage their massive data set to better understand content effectiveness.”
About Glam Media
Glam Media was founded in Silicon Valley in 2004 with a simple, yet powerful idea—that people are the most influential filters for discovering and sharing each other’s most passionate interests. We had a pioneering vision that professional digital content could be both as engaging for consumers and as important to brand advertisers as traditional media—and with the right platform, we could create a next generation media company that could bring the emotion of print magazines and the vivid engagement of television to digital consumers. Our mission is to help people create, discover and share content that they love. At our core, we are an innovative technology company that develops products to enrich the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Today, Glam Media is #1 in Lifestyle globally and a Top 10 Media Property—reaching more than 252 million global monthly unique users, as measured by comScore. Glam Media is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Munich, London, Paris, Toronto, Mumbai, Pune and Seoul.
For additional information regarding Glam Media, visit: www.glammedia.com.
Moat is a New York-based SaaS analytics company focused on building products for brand advertisers and premium publishers. The company was founded by Jonah Goodhart, Noah Goodhart and Michael Walrath. The serial entrepreneurs had previously partnered together to launch Right Media, which was acquired by Yahoo! in 2007. For more information on Moat, visit www.moat.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict