|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- moTwin, a leading mobile application development platform (MADP) provider for business applications, today identified lack of resources, lack of mobile expertise and difficulty integrating with back-end systems as the key barriers to migrating mobile applications. The findings, released as part of a survey of more than 150 companies, show that despite the explosion of smart phones and tablets, many companies have still not moved their consumer, employee or B2B enterprise applications to mobile devices, potentially missing a significant opportunity for use, productivity and revenue. These respondents also indicated that the projected "mobilizing" cost is as much as 10x the size of their currently allocated budgets for mobile application development.
"This survey clearly identifies the need for a mobile application platform that can cut the cost and complexity of migrating enterprise applications to mobile devices," said Claude Lemardeley, founder and CEO of moTwin. "With a development time of 8-12 weeks instead of 8-12 months, our development platform addresses the time, cost, resource and security concerns identified in the survey, and enables IT executives to more quickly move their applications to mobile platforms."
moTwin is a fast-growing provider of mobile application platform software and support services for the financial services, retail, media and entertainment, healthcare, and telecommunications industries. While most app providers have focused on client-side development of simple applications, moTwin takes an entirely different approach with a unique two-tier architecture approach. By allowing development at the server level, the company enables fast development and deployment on all platforms as well as flexible management of scalable mobile applications.
"MADP technology vendors provide a broad set of capabilities to support business apps for mobile employees, business customers and consumers across a broadening range of mobile devices," said Ian Finley, research vice president of Gartner, Inc. "According to Gartner Research(i), IT buyers will need to match their team's application development requirements with the broad range of capabilities offered by the various MADP vendors before they can make sound purchasing decisions."
Details of the Survey
The 146 respondents, selected from Mobile Enterprise Magazine readership, consist of primarily IT managers and CIOs that come from a variety of industries including manufacturing, transportation, government, healthcare and banking. A complete copy of the survey can be found at www.motwin.com/survey-497.html. The data collected provides details on current mobile development plans, including targeted platforms and timing.
According to the survey:
-- Nearly 30 percent of responding companies have not moved any of their applications to mobile platforms, while an additional 38 percent have only converted 10 percent of their applications. Yet, over the next two years, nearly half of the respondents want to convert 51-100 percent of their applications to mobile. -- Nearly half of the respondents see iOS as the most popular mobile platform, while 26 percent selected Google® Android(TM) platform and 18 percent selected Microsoft® Windows platform. Only 3.7 percent selected the BlackBerry® platform. -- More than 45 percent of respondents plan to adopt HTML 5 for their mobile strategy. -- A surprising 57 percent of respondents noted that they have less than 1000 active users for their mobile applications, implying most of the current mobile apps are focused on employees instead of consumers. -- The expected cost of mobile application development was listed by nearly half the respondents as $25,000 (US) to more than $100,000 (US), while nearly 25 percent list their budgets as less than $10,000 (US).
moTwin is a trusted provider of the industry's only true proactive context-aware mobile application platform. The company, formerly Mootwin, enables enterprises to develop and deploy mobile applications for customers in the fastest time with user-friendly features. The moTwin Platform enables all mobile apps - native, Web or hybrid across all channels that provide user-context-based, real-time information on a resilient network, which enables persistent availability. Its end-to-end solutions are designed to work out-of-the-box with robust back-end integration, a distributed architecture for development and turnkey business applications, for immediate deployment. The company's solutions are already being used by many marquee customers across various geographies. moTwin is a global company with major locations in Silicon Valley, Calif., Grenoble, France and Frankfurt, Germany. For further information, please visit www.motwin.com.
(i)Gartner, Inc., Critical Capabilities for Mobile Application Development Platforms, William Clark, Ian Finley, Van L. Baker, April 27, 2012.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Orr & Company
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict