|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the 16th consecutive year, Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) is named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" according to FORTUNE magazine. This distinction maintains Marriott's "All Star" status as one of only 13 companies that have appeared on every list since it launched in 1998. Marriott is the fifth largest company on the list, joining Google, Starbucks and six other companies with more than 50,000 employees. The full 2013 list is available at www.Fortune.com/BestCompanies.
"This recognition is very meaningful to our company and to our dedicated associates around the world," said David A. Rodriguez, Marriott's executive vice president and chief human resources officer. "Our business is all about providing opportunities and creating great experiences for people. To achieve this, we turn to a core value that has been the most significant driving force of our success: 'Put People First.' A great workplace generates the inspired customer service that builds customer loyalty and an emotional connection to our brands. It is the foundation of our company culture and it continues to be our guidepost to business success."
This year, the publication highlighted the long tenure of Marriott associates, stating that 10 percent of employees have worked with the company for 20 years or more. Marriott was also featured as a FORTUNE "Social Media Superstar" for the company's use of multiple social media channels, including Bill Marriott's blog (www.marriottonthemove.com) and the My Marriott Hotel game on Facebook.
Job seekers are invited to experience the company's award-winning culture by connecting through the Marriott Jobs and Careers Facebook and Weibo presences. The company is inviting current, former and prospective employees to share their personal career stories through the "Marriott, Where I belong" campaign and photo galleries and uploading their own photo on the Jobs and Careers Facebook page.
Marriott has long been recognized as a great place to work by several prominent publications, including Working Mother, DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and LATINA Style magazines, and for our social responsibility and sustainability successes by global organizations such as Ethisphere Institute, FTSE4Good and Climate Counts. For a list of other awards and recognition, visit http://news.marriott.com/awards-and-recognition.html.
To pick the 100 Best Companies to Work For, FORTUNE partners with the Great Place to Work® Institute to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America: 259 firms participated in this year's survey. More than 277,000 employees at those companies responded to a survey created by the institute, a global research and consulting firm operating in 45 countries around the world. Two-thirds of a company's score is based on the results of the institute's Trust Index survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. The survey asks questions related to their attitudes about management's credibility, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third is based on responses to the institute's Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs, and diversity efforts. After evaluations are completed, if news about a company comes to light that may significantly damage employees' faith in management, we may exclude it from the list. Any company that is at least five years old and has more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible. For more information on how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/n8bVJ3.
Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) is a leading lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA with more than 3,700 properties in 74 countries and territories and reported revenues of over $12 billion in fiscal year 2011. The company operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 18 brands. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Marriott International, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict