|By Marketwired .||
|January 17, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
ROCKVILLE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Organizations today face competitive and productivity challenges with so-called legacy mainframe applications. End-users of green screen mainframe applications, who are used to working within Windows and other graphically oriented environments, often become frustrated with the rigidity of their business applications. But to modernize this environment satisfactorily can be an expensive option, with a high dependency on specialized developer skills. To address this challenge, Micro Focus (LSE: MCRO.L), the leading provider of enterprise application modernization, testing, and management solutions, today launched RUMBA 9.0 and RUMBA+, which enable organizations to quickly modernize the end-user experience in isolation from the application code. This maximizes end-user productivity and satisfaction without the risks associated with heavy-duty modernization development projects.
Micro Focus RUBMA enhances the end-user experience of legacy applications by transposing their archaic green-screen presentation onto more familiar Windows, mobile and web environments. This allows organizations to improve end-user productivity, shorten business process learning cycles and cut through laborious data input/retrieval processes. Organizations will simply respond faster to market dynamics, their customers will realize the benefits of increased efficiency, and investments and knowledge present in the existing mainframe applications will have been preserved.
Commenting on the new release, Kevin Brearley, Senior Director of Product Management for Micro Focus, said: "RUMBA enables connectivity from Microsoft Windows, iPads or web browsers to virtually any host system with mission critical reliability. With wider reaching deployment capabilities, end-user productivity improvement is quickly delivered through a simple point and click interface. This enhanced experience can be delivered at a pace that suits, to the entire organization, individual departments or specific users. RUMBA is designed to modernize green screen applications with no risk to business continuity."
RUMBA in focus:
- RUMBA 9.0 is the core server required for RUMBA+ deployment. Quickly and securely connects to a range of host systems, enabling green-screen terminal emulation along with a set of popular supporting features and functionalities.
- RUMBA+ introduces three different clients that allow the customer to modernize green-screen applications without the need of specialized knowledge of mainframe applications or Windows, iPad or web browser technologies. Easy point and click controls can be created to enhance a single green-screen or to considerably update an entire application.
- RUMBA+ Desktop is the Windows based client that can quickly introduce productivity enhancements to the green screen pop-up calendars, dropdown menus, tool tips, in line help, graphs, Google maps and more.
- RUMBA+ Mobile is an iPad client that enables mobile access to the application with the RUMBA+ Desktop enhancements driven by native iPad functions.
- RUMBA+ Web is a Web client with out-of-the-box usability and immediate extended reach to the mainframe applications. It offers a modern, fresh and user-friendly interface through browser technology without the normal system overheads.
RUMBA is part of a family of enterprise application modernization technologies from Micro Focus, which help organizations transform the value of their core business systems.
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus, a member of the FTSE 250, provides innovative software that allows companies to dramatically improve the business value of their Enterprise applications. Micro Focus Enterprise Application Modernization, Testing and Management software enables customers' business applications to respond rapidly to market changes and embrace modern architectures with reduced cost and risk. For additional information please visit www.microfocus.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict