|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 10:01 AM EST||
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Recording Academy® proudly announced its official sponsors for this year's 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards®. Delta Air Lines, Dial Global Radio Network, Harman, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Hitlab, Hyundai, MasterCard, PEOPLE, Pepsi, and Procter & Gamble (COVERGIRL, Olay and Herbal Essences) are all supporters of this year's GRAMMY Awards and GRAMMY® Week events. The music industry's premier event will take place live on Sunday, Feb. 10, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network from 8 – 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The show also will be supported on radio worldwide via Dial Global, and covered online at GRAMMY.com and CBS.com, and on YouTube. For GRAMMY coverage, updates and breaking news, please visit The Recording Academy's social networks on Twitter and Facebook.
"The GRAMMYs continually strive to push the envelope from a marketing standpoint," said Evan Greene, Chief Marketing Officer of The Recording Academy. "We are very fortunate to have so many truly remarkable partners that share our passion for creativity and innovation."
Dial Global Radio Network will produce its annual "Backstage at the GRAMMYs" radio remotes, bringing in radio stations from across America, as well as radio stations from various countries around the globe, to broadcast live from GRAMMY rehearsals. Dial Global will help promote this year's telecast and various GRAMMY Week events throughout its network programming.
Delta Air Lines returns for the fifth year as the "official airline sponsor" of The Recording Academy and GRAMMY Awards. In 2013, Delta flights will again spotlight in-flight GRAMMY programming consisting of a dedicated GRAMMY radio channel featuring GRAMMY winners and nominees from a variety of genres. In March, Delta will also begin featuring the 2013 GRAMMY Nominees album on its flights. Throughout the year, Delta will continue to include GRAMMY-inspired programming on entertainment-equipped flights, furthering the brand's support and association with music and its makers. Delta operates more than 100 peak-day flights from Los Angeles to 34 destinations, including international service to Sydney and Narita International Airport and Haneda airport in Tokyo.
Harman returns for a fifth year as the "official sound partner" of the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards and title sponsor of the exclusive Pre-GRAMMY Gala. The world's largest professional audio company, Harman equipment will provide sound reinforcement for live GRAMMY Awards performances as well as the GRAMMY telecast. Harman is also a proud sustaining sponsor of the Producers & Engineers Wing of The Recording Academy, and is the official sound equipment provider for the GRAMMY Museum®. Harman's brands JBL Professional and AKG Acoustics were recognized by The Recording Academy with Technical GRAMMY Awards in 2005 and 2010, respectively, for excellence in technology innovation.
Celebrating 25 years as the "official hotel partner" of the GRAMMY Awards, Hilton Hotels & Resorts is once again giving its team members and guests from across the globe the opportunity to attend this year's GRAMMY Awards. Team members submitted videos showing why they are a "rock star" for a chance to attend Music's Biggest Night®. Hilton HHonors members were given the opportunity to bid their HHonors points for a once-in-a-lifetime travel package to attend various GRAMMY Week events. Hilton then donated the cash equivalent of the total points bid to the GRAMMY Foundation®. Hilton is also asking travelers about music events they never miss through its Go To The GRAMMYs contest on Facebook, where one lucky guest will have the chance to win a trip to the 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2014. For the third year, the flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide is a sponsor of the GRAMMY community blogger program and for the second year, Hilton is proud to be one of the title partners of the exclusive Pre-GRAMMY Gala, which is held at the luxurious Beverly Hilton and was home of the first-ever GRAMMY Awards.
Hitlab, an online global social network, will team again with the GRAMMYs to give three unsigned, up-and-coming artists or bands the chance to perform at the 4th Annual Social Media Rock Stars Summit, an official GRAMMY Week event. The Emerging Artist Competition, an exciting contest for promising new talent, was open to performers and songwriters around the world from Nov. 26, 2012, to Jan. 4, 2013.
Now in its second year as the "official vehicle partner" of the GRAMMY Awards, Hyundai will showcase its innovative vehicles on the red carpet, at the official GRAMMY Celebration® after-party, and at GRAMMY week events.
MasterCard returns as the "official financial services and payment sponsor" of the GRAMMY Awards. During GRAMMY Week, MasterCard will host cardholders and customers from around the world, giving them a truly a priceless experience with privileged access to a variety of unique events and festivities. MasterCard cardholders and guests will receive tickets to the exclusive Pre-GRAMMY Gala and GRAMMY Awards, as well as access to MasterCard Priceless Lounges during the GRAMMYs and the GRAMMY Celebration after-party. The cardholder's experiences will be shared through MasterCard's social media channels. MasterCard Priceless L.A. will also give Los Angeles residents a chance to have a "priceless" seat to view the red carpet arrivals at the GRAMMYs.
PEOPLE magazine returns as the "official print media partner" of the GRAMMY Awards for the ninth consecutive year. In addition to PEOPLE's extensive coverage of all GRAMMY Week events, a special GRAMMY wrap-up issue will be available for readers the week of Feb.18, providing everyone who attended or watched on TV all the exciting coverage, including interviews from their People position on the red carpet.
Pepsi returns for a second year as the "official beverage sponsor" of the GRAMMY Awards and will bring a unique and exciting experience to music fans everywhere. More details will be announced in the coming weeks.
Returning for a second year, Procter & Gamble is the "official beauty sponsor," highlighting COVERGIRL, Olay and Herbal Essences. This partnership brings the "glam" to GRAMMY sponsorships with large social, digital and content initiatives. This year, P&G will go "Behind the Beauty" for a peek under the veil at the work and creativity that goes into GRAMMY red-carpet glamour, featuring the journey of GRAMMY artists, insiders and beauty experts. The Behind the Beauty documentary will premiere on Jan. 31on the GRAMMY Glam hub at www.grammy.com/glam. GRAMMY Glam curates the beauty conversation and provides insider access and information. From GRAMMY nominations through GRAMMY Week, the dedicated #GRAMMYGlam hashtag will drive engagement across GRAMMY, COVERGIRL, Olay and Herbal Essences social sites. The relationship with P&G will also expand to their Grocery Channel retailers. Participating P&G brands will be part of a major promotional campaign in thousands of grocery retail outlets nationwide. The campaign will be supported with national advertising and custom in-store displays rewarding loyal P&G shoppers with digital downloads of songs by GRAMMY-winning artists.
For more information on GRAMMY Awards sponsors, please log on to: www.covergirl.com, www.delta.com, www.harman.com, www.hilton.com, www.hyundaiusa.com, www.mastercard.com, www.olay.com, www.people.com, www.pepsi.com, www.herbalessences.com, and www.dialglobal.com.
About The Recording Academy
Established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, songwriters, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards — the preeminent peer-recognized award for musical excellence and the most credible brand in music — The Recording Academy is responsible for groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services programs. The Academy continues to focus on its mission of recognizing musical excellence, advocating for the well-being of music makers and ensuring music remains an indelible part of our culture. For more information about The Academy, please visit www.grammy.com. For breaking news and exclusive content, follow @TheGRAMMYs on Twitter, like "The GRAMMYs" on Facebook, and join The GRAMMYs' social communities on Foursquare, GetGlue, Google +, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and YouTube.
SOURCE The Recording Academy
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- How to Avoid the #BigData Black Hole | @BigDataExpo [#IoT]
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict