|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 07:01 AM EST||
The Arkansas Crime Information Center (ACIC) and the Information Network of Arkansas (INA) have launched a mobile application providing access to the ACIC Sex Offender Registry Search. The application utilizes GPS and mapping technology with a user’s mobile device to locate sex offenders within a certain area and view the details of their location as well as their current photo.
The registry is updated as offender addresses and other information is updated at the ACIC. Users can search for offenders by address, city, county or zip code to see information on the publishable offenders within the map view of the address entered. A user can also search for an offender by name if applicable.
Email and phone notifications of updates for offender addresses are also available. A user can subscribe to receive notifications on an unlimited number of addresses and can subscribe to be notified if an offender moves into the specified radius of the address submitted.
The ACIC Sex Offender application for mobile devices is available for free for the Apple iPhone through iTunes and for Android-based phones through Google Play. In addition, the ACIC Sex Offender Registry Search site is a mobile-optimized version available for any other handheld devices at http://acic.org/offender-search/index.php.
Since June, 2012, over 3,000 users have downloaded the application to their mobile phone devices.
Arkansas.gov is the official Web site of the state of Arkansas (http://www.arkansas.gov) and a service of the Information Network of Arkansas. The Information Network of Arkansas is a collaborative effort between the state of Arkansas and Arkansas Information Consortium that helps state government entities Web-enable their information services. Arkansas Information Consortium is a Little Rock-based subsidiary of the eGovernment firm NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV).
NIC, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation’s leading provider of official government Web sites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company’s innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. NIC provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local across the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict