|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 01:25 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Democrasoft, Inc. (OTC: PinkSheets: DEMO), VOOK and first-time author Jonathan D. Messinger today jointly announced that Messinger's e-book 11 Days in May is the recipient of this year's Digital Book World Publishing Innovation Award in the category of best non-fiction ebook. The announcement was made today at the Digital Book World Conference + Expo at the Hilton Hotel in New York City. According to the Digital Book World website, the award honors "the most innovative ebooks, enhanced ebooks, and book apps in 14 categories. It is the mission of the PIAs to highlight excellent publishers/authors, encourage new thinking, and improve the reading experience in the digital age."
Messinger's ebook 11 Days in May: The Conversation That Will Change Your Life, published by Waterfront Digital Press and created by Vook, uses Democrasoft's unique new WeJIT technology to allow readers to communicate directly with the author and with each other, from topic-based discussions within the ebook. These discussions are made possible with author-embedded links in the ebook that connect readers and authors in an embedded online discussion space where they can engage with each other in various types of structured discussions.
The award-winning book was written over the course of eleven days in May 2012, hence the title 11 Days in May. When envisioning the ebook, "I was inspired to create a total immersion experience," says Messinger. "What that meant I wasn't exactly sure, I just knew that I needed to somehow make 11 Days in May not just an engaging book, but an interactive story."
Messinger's inspiration led him to a collaboration with Democrasoft and its brand new WeJIT collaboration tool, assembled by VOOK. Now, through the enhanced version of his ebook, readers can respond to Messinger when he asks questions like "who am I?" "why am I here?"and "where did I come from?" Thirty-two embedded WeJITs link readers to a collection of one-page online WeJITs, each dedicated to a particular topic or debate. William Gladstone, founder and CEO of Waterfront Digital Press, notes that readers of the ebook can forward the URL link for any embedded WeJIT to anyone, through social networks like Facebook or Twitter, even to those who don't yet have the book and might not have heard of it.
"What's amazing is that readers are actually poised to increase book sales by inviting others to join in specific discussions launched from within the ebook," said Gladstone. "That's a first in the publishing world and when you combine it with the other interactive features offered on the Vook e-publishing platform, we think you're looking at a watershed event for authors and publishers around the world."
"The combination of Vook's publishing platform and Democrasoft's WeJIT capabilities has redefined publishing, turning a terrific book into a real game-changer," says Matthew Cavnar, Vook's VP of Business Development.
According to Richard Lang, CEO of Democrasoft, "The opportunity that WeJITs represent for the publishing industry is to recognize that WeJITs can become a portal to new 'real estate' within an ebook, where publishers can participate in the benefits of multi-way collaborative discussions within their publications."
11 Days in May is available from Vook at http://vook.com/storefronts/book/11-days-in-may.html as well as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple's iBookstore.
For more information about WeJIT's, or to schedule an interview with Democrasoft senior management, please contact Mark Kithcart at: [email protected] or call 888-993-8683 x 706.
Democrasoft, Inc. is an innovation and licensing company with a history of pioneering technology. It is the creator of the Collaborize platform and Collaborize Classroom (www.CollaborizeClassroom.com), the award-winning blended-learning platform for grades K-20. It is also the creator of WeJIT (http://www.mywejit.com), a new model for self-contained, topic-based online collaboration that stretches across various platforms and communities. Democrasoft is dedicated to facilitating a vision of online "social networking with purpose." For more information, please visit www.Democrasoft.com.
About JD Messinger
Former CEO of Ernst & Young Consulting, Singapore, Messinger is one of 37 Distinguished Graduates from the United States Naval Academy. A former nuclear submarine officer and the Exxon executive who helped supervise the Valdez Oil spill cleanup, Messinger was nominated as CNBC Asian CEO of the year, was the Channel News Asia "IT Person of the Week" and a senior advisor to the Singapore Prime Minister, members of parliament in Great Britain, China, Brunei, Australia and Malaysia on corporate, national and industrial evolution, innovation and energy. A television and radio show creator, his position papers have been distributed to three U.S. Presidential candidates and dignitaries around the world. For more information please visit www.JDMessinger.com.
About Waterfront Digital Press and Waterside Productions, Inc.
Waterfront Press is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Waterside Productions, Inc. a full-service literary agency founded in 1982 in Cardiff, California. As the world's premier literary agency for computer and technology authors, Waterside Productions' agents have successfully represented more than 5,000 books to over 50 publishers, generating more than $200 Million for authors. Waterfront has worked with some of the top authors in the world including Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, and Neale Donald Walsh. For more information please visit www.Waterfrontdigitalpress.comor www.Waterside.com.
Founded in 2009, Vook has created an innovative technology platform that allows content holders to create great ebooks, add video, audio and images, publish the ebooks to their own Web pages and to the major e-retailers, and track their sales. Vook provides a turnkey solution for content strategy, including editorial, marketing and distribution services and has worked with a range of partners, including The New York Times, NBC, Simon & Schuster, Google, American Express Publishing, and Newsweek Daily Beast. For more information, please visit http://vook.comor contact [email protected].
SOURCE Democrasoft, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict