|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 12:35 PM EST||
VERSAILLES, France, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Your favorite television show is on the air and you're on a business trip overseas …
You want to show Grandma those great snapshots of your children's school Christmas party but you left them on your iPad back home …
Your wife recorded the last two episodes of Game of Thrones, but you're stuck in a hotel room without only your smartphone for company …
No way to connect?
Introducing VIOTECH's My eHome® -- a multi-play solution easily installed in the user's home -- renders simultaneous and fully-adapted content to users to provide the best and most familiar multimedia experience possible. Officially unveiled @ CES 2013, the launch of My eHome was a major, and yet unexpected, success. Exhibiting from the Eureka Park Tech Zone at CES, VIOTECH drew more than a thousand visits and demo requests from media, investors, analysts, buyers and a wide array of interested industrial parties, including operators such as Comcast, content providers like DirecTV and major multimedia equipment manufacturers including Panasonic, Cisco and Nagra.
VIOTECH was the only non-U.S. based startup among eight finalists selected to pitch their concept to leading angel investors at Showstoppers' prestigious Launch.it Pitchfest event on Monday, January 7.
So, what exactly is My eHome?
"The original challenge was based on the concept that today's multimedia user wants 24-hour ubiquitous access to all his content, wherever he is, on any terminal, in harmony with all the other things he loves to do," says Marius Negru, VIOTECH'S Head of Strategic Projects. "But what's simple is often the most difficult to achieve. With so many platforms and content delivery vehicles in the marketplace, while users now have multiple content access, they also face multiple access issues which include offer fragmentation, quality and privacy.
"My eHome tackles all three elements in a single platform. "
At the heart of the concept, Negru says, is VIOTECH'S proprietary design that combines a user's personal files with mainstream content (i.e., TV/IPTV channel subscription, recordings, and web browser, etc.), all of which is stored and then streamed – on demand. HomeB®, as the home-installed set-top-box device is called, reads and can transmit all videos, pictures, music, data, files and text through DLNA supported delivery mechanisms.
To access his content, the user simply connects his remote receiver to any electronic multimedia device (it can be a personal laptop, tablet, smartphone, even a hotel room TV set), and through a unique customizable interface, the receiver delivers the user's content in the identical configurations and interface with which the user feel both comfortable and familiar, since he configured it all by himself.
According to Negru, My eHome maintains several distinct advantages over its competitors in the remote content delivery marketplace. "Several companies convey data remotely, but My eHome will be the only product to deliver both a user's home television content and data files in his exact home interface," he says. "But that's only the tip of the iceberg. Thanks to the in-house-developed adaptation algorithms, the video content is streamed to the receiving terminal based on what we call the 'user-context,' a set of parameters measuring the location, the terminal or the network conditions that allow for most optimized video experience. Second, since all content is stored within HomeB, the user keeps FULL control over any shared content to allow for editing, removal or deletion."
And as they proved last week, thanks to My eHome's innovative storage functionality, What happens in Vegas stays in the HomeB®!
On the heels of their successful CES introduction, My eHome has initiated production toward a scheduled target delivery of early 2014. The company is presently seeking North American industrial partners including telecoms, content providers, cable operators and manufacturers.
Founded in 2007 by Marius Negru and fellow childhood friends and associates, VIOTECH is committed to the conception, development, creation, marketing and promotion of high-level, added-value services and applications designed for implementation within the booming Digital Home Networking Market. Through innovative hardware and software solutions, VIOTECH products enable streaming transmission of audiovisual and multimedia content via digital networks including IP multicasting over WLAN and Intranets inside homes and offices.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict