|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 12:39 AM EST||
NEW DELHI, January 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Validate and Certify Your Profile With the new Profile Endorsements Feature on TimesJobs.com That Enhances and Updates Your Profile With LinkedIn Data and Facebook References
What do Scott Thompson of Yahoo, David Edmonson of Radio Shack, Rob Kalin of Etsy, Marilee Jones of MIT, Ronald Zarrella of Bausch & Lomb, Jeff Papows of Lotus Corp., have in common?
They are high profile professionals who "creatively enhanced" their resumes over the years - and then paid a dreadful price.
The most well-known fall from grace due to resume fraud last year was Scott Thompson, Yahoo's ex-CEO. The former president of PayPal graduated from Stonehill College in Massachusetts with a degree in accounting - but he also claimed he had a degree in computer science. Turns out the college didn't offer that degree until several years after Thompson claimed he earned his!
Nowadays, with a competitive job market and fewer jobs, recruiters are taking extra precautions against resume fraud, and this is where a validated profile gives the jobseeker that extra edge in clinching that interview call.
Why seek endorsement?
Endorsements add credibility to the candidate's profile, and research has shown that 86% recruiters prefer endorsed profiles over non-endorsed profiles. Here is the feedback receieved from recruiters:
A Connected Profile is an Active Profile - The jobseeker is seen as having an active interest in his career
An Updated Profile is a Useful Profile - As LinkedIn information is systematically updated to the profile it helps the jobseeker maintain freshness and recency.
A Verified Profile is a Valid Profile - When qualifications, and work experiences are verified by classmates, peers, colleagues and bosses - it ensures the reputation of the candidate
"Vetting a candidate thoroughly is costly and time consuming, but it is worthwhile for the long-term health of the organization. TimesJobs.com profile endorsements provides significant reliability and value to resumes," explains Avnish Anand, Product Head of TimesJobs.com.
So, use the power of your social connections in getting a job of your choice. Get your profile endorsed today!
Watch this video to understand the endorsement process. It's easy and very quick. -
TimesJobs.com, a key job portal of India, is one of the best-selling online ventures of the Times of India Group.
Conceived and launched in 2004, TimesJobs.com currently has a candidate database of more than 20 million registered jobseekers across levels and functions who clock-in over 40 million page views a month.
Well known for its product innovations and unmatched deliverables, TimesJobs.com has also pioneered the concepts of 'Job Fairs', 'Dial BPO jobs' RAI.TimesJobs.com, TechGig.com, Step Ahead, JobBuzz and a lot more.
TimesJobs.com serves a corporate customer base of more than 25,000 clients from across the globe. It has been serving clients like HCL, IBM, Yamaha, Godrej, HSBC, Mahindra, Bajaj Allianz, TCS, Thomson Reuters to name a few.
Primary Media Contact: Aseem Seth, [email protected], 91-9910273367
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict