|By Business Wire||
|January 15, 2013 02:40 PM EST||
DeNA Co., Ltd. (TSE: 2432) has teamed up with the National Football League (NFL) and NFL Players Inc. (NFL PLAYERS) to bring the NFL mobile social card game NFL Matchups to DeNA’s Mobage social games platform. Featuring hundreds of NFL players, NFL Matchups challenges gamers to build the ultimate football card collection. The game is available now for free download on Android and is coming soon to iOS mobile devices.
In NFL Matchups each gamer competes to win new offensive and defensive playmakers as they build a top-notch collection of digital player cards. Users take their collection into head-to-head gridiron contests where each player’s unique stats, in combination with strategic offensive and defensive formation choices, can give them an edge. With league and tour gameplay modes, gamers can evolve the players on their squad over time to improve their stats and build the ultimate digital trading card collection.
“DeNA is proud to partner with the NFL and the NFL PLAYERS to deliver NFL Matchups to the millions of dedicated football fans looking for an experience that tests their NFL knowledge, strategy and skill, and a new way to interact with their favorite players,” said Irfan Virk, CEO of DeNA Studios Canada. “The game provides fans with a new way to interact with their favorite players and offers them an opportunity to enjoy football all year long even after the NFL season ends.”
“The NFL is constantly looking for new opportunities to connect our millions of passionate fans with the sport. Our work with DeNA accomplishes just that, and we are excited for our fans to enjoy NFL Matchups,” said David Healy, NFL Director of Media Strategy & Business Development.
“We’re excited to collaborate with DeNA on NFL Matchups,” said Nicole Pozzi, Senior Manager of Multimedia Licensing for NFL PLAYERS. “This new mobile social experience will enable fans to engage with hundreds of their favorite NFL players while designing their very own first-class virtual card collection.”
For additional details on NFL Matchups on, please visit: http://play.moba.ge/nfl-matchups
Assets for NFL Matchups including the game logo and screenshots are available via the following link: https://www.yousendit.com/download/UW13ek91YStiR0pBSXNUQw
DeNA Co., Ltd. is a global Internet company focused on social game platform, social games, e-commerce and other Web services for mobile devices and PCs. DeNA’s current flagship business is its mobile social games platform Mobage, which offers first-, second- and third-party games on multiple localized user networks across nations. The original Mobage network in Japan currently serves over 45 million registered users with nearly 2,000 titles. Founded in 1999 as a small startup in Tokyo, DeNA currently has over 2,100 employees worldwide working at offices and development studios in 18 cities across 11 countries and regions. The company generated annual sales of more than 1.8 billion U.S. dollars in the fiscal year ended March 2012. DeNA is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.jp/intl.
The Mobage social games network and platform hosts over 70 first-party and third-party games that are available on the Apple App Store™ and Google Play™. Mobage features chart-topping apps including Rage of Bahamut, Blood Brothers and Ninja Royale™, casual games such as Zombie Farm® and Tiny Tower, licensed intellectual properties such as Marvel: War of Heroes, and core games such as Hellfire and Warriors of Odin. Mobage also hosts mobile social games in other languages via separate regional networks. Mobage offers developers access to a suite of features to enhance their development environment, including a payment API, production and marketing support and analytics tools. To learn more about Mobage, visit: http://mobage.com. For developers interested in publishing opportunities on Mobage, please visit: https://developer.mobage.com
About NFL Players Inc.
NFL PLAYERS INC. is the licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association. Representing more than 1,800 NFL players, NFL PLAYERS INC. “takes the helmets off” the players and markets them as personalities as well as professional athletes. Through an exclusive sponsorship agreement with the NFL, players are integrated into NFL sponsor activations. NFL PLAYERS INC. activities include retail licensing, corporate partnerships, player marketing, special events, broadcast and publishing. For more information, please visit NFLPLAYERS.COM.
Mobage is a registered trademark of DeNA Co., Ltd. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Apple, and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. All other marks and names are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict