|By Business Wire||
|January 15, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
This year, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) will bring together senior voices across the marketing and advertising ecosystem at the sixth annual IAB Annual Leadership Meeting, held at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix, February 24 – 26, to tackle one of the industry’s most pressing questions, “Big Data and Big Ideas: Friends, Enemies, or Frenemies?”
The conference will explore the interplay between the science of big data and the art of big ideas, and delve into what is truly disrupting the advertising sector and creating new opportunities. Attendees will learn how content, data and creative are being blended to drive highly effective, real-time and hyper-local digital marketing.
“Creative has ‘ruled the roost’ for much of advertising’s existence, but as digital channels continue to emerge and flood us with valuable data and insights, big data and big ideas increasingly will need to work in concert,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “It is important for the IAB to take an active role in fostering new and innovative ways to align creative and data to drive business.”
Among the data luminaries joining the event is Nate Silver, founder of FiveThirtyEight.com and author of the bestselling “The Signal and The Noise: Why Most Predictions Fail — But Some Don’t,” who will open the event as a keynote presenter on Sunday, February 24. Silver’s innovative analyses of political polling have won him acclaim as the public face of statistical analysis and political forecasting. His presentation promises to take attendees on a journey to seek truth from data, sharing insights gathered from the world’s most successful investigative forecasters.
Powerhouse speakers from across the industry round out the roster:
- Mike Abbott, General Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Tim Armstrong, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, AOL
- Cyrus Beagley, Senior Vice President and Group General Manager, Advertising Sales and Marketing, Time Inc.
- Tom Chavez, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Krux
- James Farley, Jr., Executive Vice President, Global Marketing, Sales and Service and Lincoln, Ford Motor Company
- Curt Hecht, Global Chief Revenue Officer, The Weather Company
- Scott Howe, President and Chief Executive Officer, Acxiom
- David Kenny, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Weather Company
- Meredith Kopit Levien, Group Publisher and Chief Revenue Officer, Forbes Media
- Peter Naylor, Executive Vice President, Ad Sales, NBC News Digital, and Chairman, IAB Board of Directors
- Jonah Peretti, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, BuzzFeed
- Jim Speros, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Fidelity Investments
- Omar Tawakol, Chief Executive Officer, BlueKai
- Susan Wojcicki, Senior Vice President, Advertising, Google
- Michael Wolf, Founder and Managing Director, Activate
For the complete agenda for the IAB Annual Leadership Meeting, “Big Data and Big Ideas: Friends, Enemies, or Frenemies?,” please visit www.iab.net/alm/agenda.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict