|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 07:01 AM EST||
LONDON, January 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Despite stiff competition in the form of the Samsung Galaxy S3, the iPhone 5 has been crowned Time's 'Gadget of the Year'.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 outsold its rival, the iPhone 5 this year, with a huge 18 million handsets sold within the first five months of it becoming available. Retailers such as Carphone Warehouse saw a huge spike in sales owing to the S3, yet it didn't even get a look-in on the prestigious list of the year's greatest gadgets.
So what was it about the new iPhone that proved such a hit? Because the S3 had so much going on - Eye Movement Recognition, so the screen stays lit whilst you're looking at it and blacks out when you turn your attentions elsewhere, nifty Voice Recognition technology and the latest Android Jelly Bean software, Google's renowned operating system.
A Time spokesperson claims it's all in the design. The craftsmanship involved in creating the 5's hardware and software gives it its superior slant, so says Harry McCracken of Time. And it's this skilled combination which gives Apple's latest device its world class services.
It's got Siri, the super smart personal assistant controlled by your voice. Ask it a question or give it a command and it'll respond accordingly. Plus it boasts 4G, which means that the features that require data - e-mailing, browsing and apps - will be faster and more reliable than ever before.
Whether you're a Samsung supporter or iPhone all the way, the latest smartphones are bursting with features that would have been deemed inconceivable a few years ago and most of them require one thing - data. Yet when it comes to Internet usage, so many of us are perplexed. What is a megabyte? How many hours on the Internet does that really equate to? Avoiding the dreaded mobile data bill shock is a big worry for mobile users. Help and Support at Carphone Warehouse has answered your most popular data quandaries, from how much data typical tasks use, to keeping you and your child protected when using the Internet on your phone. They've ensured you avoid an increase in bills whilst still enjoying your phone and its features.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye Openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict