|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 03:53 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- InternetReputation.com is proud to announce a new solution that could allow people to pull offensive photos down within mere minutes.
California.Arrests.org is one of a handful of websites that scrape images from county police departments and place them on the web for public consumption. In the past, it's been incredibly difficult to remove photos from this particular site, but
InternetReputation.com has worked hard to provide solutions for clients all across the country, due to the massive reputation hit a person could face due to the presence of mugshots on the Internet.
"According to published research, some 77 percent of employers use Google to search for information on their applicants before they'll offer them a job," says an InternetReputation.com representative. "A quick search of an accused person's name could bring that employer to California.Arrests.org, and even if that person's been exonerated of the charges, that photo could make the person seem untrustworthy or just unemployable."
The impact isn't limited to people who are looking for jobs. People who are just looking for love could also be slapped with reputation problems when they're arrested and their photos appear on California.Arrests.org.
"The professional matchmaking service It's Just Lunch reports that up to 50 percent of single people use Google as a prescreening tool before a date," says the InternetReputation.com representative. "They may not want to admit to it, and some singles might not ever tell their potential partners about the activity, but a mugshot could definitely kill a blossoming romance."
California.Arrests.org makes it difficult for people to remove their images. There are no bright buttons users can click when they see their photos, and the "Contact" page contains an email address that may or may not reach a live human being.
"Some people have grown so upset at seeing their photographs on California.Arrests.org that they've threatened to sue the company," says the InternetReputation.com representative. "It's understandable, but unfortunately, it's rarely successful and it could take years for that case to work through the courts. In the interim, the people involved are still facing reputation damage."
InternetReputation.com can quickly remove photos from California.Arrests.org, and the company ensures that all links to the photos are also removed. The company can even continue to monitor the web, looking for new copies of the photograph, and then work to remove those copies as well.
"It's a comprehensive solution to a pretty nasty problem, and we're happy we're able to offer it to the people of California," says the company representative.
If you have an arrest record on a California mugshot website, Internetreputation.com can help quickly and effectively.
Media Contact: Gary Bloom InternetReputation.com, 800-758-9012, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict