|By Marketwired .||
|January 11, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SAUSALITO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/11/13 -- One in five employees plan to look for a new job in the next three months assuming the economy stays the same or improves, according to the Q4 Glassdoor Employment Confidence Survey. With more people entering the job market, candidates will have to compete to land coveted jobs. To give job seekers a leg up in the interview process, Glassdoor, a jobs and career community, released today its annual list of Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions, which is compiled from the tens of thousands of interview questions shared by job candidates over the past year. This list is designed to help job seekers prepare for challenging or unexpected questions that may arise during an interview.
Glassdoor's Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions for 2013:
3. "How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building?" -- Asked at JetBlue, Pricing/Revenue Management Analyst candidate. More JetBlue interview questions.
4. "A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?" -- Asked at Clark Construction Group, Office Engineer candidate. More Clark Construction Group interview questions.
6. "Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it?" -- Asked at Amazon, Product Development candidate. More Amazon interview questions.
14. "My wife and I are going on vacation, where would you recommend?" -- Asked at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Advisory Associate candidate. More PricewaterhouseCoopers interview questions.
15. "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?" -- Asked at Accenture, Business Analyst candidate. More Accenture interview questions.
22. "If you had turned your cell phone to silent, and it rang really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?" -- Asked at Kimberly-Clark, Biomedical Engineer candidate. More Kimberly-Clark interview questions.
While job candidates should be ready to take on some challenging and oddball interview questions, they should also expect to be asked some basic or common interview questions. For example, many candidates should prepare to respond to questions like: "What are your strengths and weaknesses?", "Why did you apply for this job?" and "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Glassdoor has also compiled a list of the Most Common Interview Questions.
Interview questions are part of the Interview Reviews feature on Glassdoor which offer insights into the interview process for specific jobs at specific companies -- all for free. To date, more than 235,000 interview reviews and 300,000 interview questions around the world have been collected. Interview Reviews include details from actual job candidates about the entire hiring process, including the interview format, how the interview was achieved (e.g. applied online, connected via a recruiter, etc.), average duration, and ratings on the overall interview experience. Each review also includes details as to whether a job offer was made and whether it was accepted or declined, along with any negotiation tips.
See past Oddball Interview Questions on the Glassdoor Blog:
MULTIMEDIA PRODUCERS/EDITORS: A video featuring employees answering Oddball Interview Questions is available to embed and for broadcast use: http://bit.ly/TXyi3B.
Glassdoor is a career community that is changing the way people find jobs and companies recruit top talent. Members can uncover Inside Connections at a company through their Facebook network, see the latest job listings, as well as get access to proprietary user-generated content including company-specific salary reports, ratings and reviews, CEO approval ratings, interview questions and reviews, office photos, and more. Plus, employers can get involved in the conversation through Glassdoor's suite of recruiting solutions that influence target job candidates when they're making career decisions. Glassdoor, founded in 2007, is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Battery Ventures and DAG Ventures. More information about Glassdoor can be found on its blog, and by following the company on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Glassdoor.com is a registered trademark of Glassdoor, Inc.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2199210
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict