|By Marketwired .||
|January 11, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/11/13 -- BetterCloud today announced a $5 million Series A round of financing led by David Aronoff of Flybridge Capital Partners, an early-stage firm that focuses on enterprise and consumer infrastructure investing with offices in New York City and Boston. Also participating in the round are New York based Greycroft Partners and TriBeCa Venture Partners with continued support from existing investors Bear Creek Capital and BLH Venture Partners. The Series A raise brings BetterCloud's total funding to $7.2 million.
BetterCloud is the leading provider of cloud management tools for Google Apps and since launching in the Google Apps Marketplace six months ago has seen unprecedented adoption of its flagship management and security application, FlashPanel. The platform empowers Google Apps administrators by providing added controls, visibility, automation and more, ultimately accelerating the adoption of Google Apps. The company has already acquired more than 15,000 customers with 5.5 million end-users worldwide, making FlashPanel the fastest growing tool for Google Apps of all time. Funding will be used to expand sales, marketing and product development efforts to support and fuel FlashPanel adoption.
"BetterCloud is accelerating the adoption of cloud platforms like Google Apps and we're thrilled to play a part," said Mr. Aronoff, who will be joining BetterCloud's board of directors. "It's rare you see a company make so much progress in its first year and based on the continued growth of Google Apps, we see a long term need for the tools BetterCloud provides."
"We're excited and fortunate to have investors on board that really understand the Google Apps ecosystem and believe in our long term vision of becoming the Norton Utilities for Google Apps," said David Politis, Founder and CEO of BetterCloud. "2012 was a great first year and this year we're looking forward to building on FlashPanel's foundation by expanding its powerful feature set to service more of the Google Enterprise Cloud."
BetterCloud is the leading provider of cloud management and security tools for Google Apps. FlashPanel, its flagship product, used by over 15,000 companies and 5.5 million users worldwide, is a directory management and Google Drive security application that empowers Google Apps administrators by providing added controls, visibility, automation and more. BetterCloud also powers Ask the Gooru, which provides free Google Apps training videos and aims to further the adoption of Google Apps. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.bettercloud.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict