|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 11:30 AM EST||
Global tablet applications processor market showed a robust 77 percent year-on-year growth in Q3 2012 to reach $0.9 billion, according to the Strategy Analytics Handset Component Technologies service report, “Tablet Apps Processor Market Share Q3 2012: NVIDIA Retains Lead in Non-iPad Tablets with One-Third Share.”
Based on Strategy Analytics estimates, Apple maintained its lead in the tablet applications processor market with 53 percent revenue share in Q3 2012. NVIDIA, Texas Instruments, Qualcomm and Samsung made up the rest of the top-five vendors.
According to Sravan Kundojjala, Senior Analyst, “NVIDIA led the non-iPad tablet market with one-third unit shipment share in Q3 2012 with the help of its Google Nexus 7 and Microsoft Surface RT design-wins. During the quarter, NVIDIA registered its highest quarterly Tegra tablet processor shipments since the introduction of the Tegra product. Strategy Analytics believes that NVIDIA is well-positioned to maintain its share in non-iPad tablets in the next few quarters.”
According to Stuart Robinson, Director of the Strategy Analytics Handset Component Technologies service, “Strategy Analytics estimates that stand-alone applications processors represented about 99 percent of all tablet applications processors shipped in Q3 2012. Baseband-integrated processors have had limited traction so far in tablets and this has affected shipments of integrated vendors such as Qualcomm, Broadcom and MediaTek.”
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict