|By Marketwired .||
|January 10, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
SAN RAMON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- WANdisco (LSE: WAND), a provider of high-availability software for global enterprises to meet the challenges of Big Data and distributed software development, today announced Konstantin Boudnik has joined the company as Director of Big Data Distribution reporting to Jagane Sundar, CTO and Vice President of Engineering for Big Data. Dr. Boudnik, who joins WANdisco from Karmasphere, will lead WANdisco's Big Data team in the rollout of its certified Hadoop binaries and graphical user interface (GUI), ensuring quality control and stability of the Hadoop open source code.
Dr. Boudnik, one of the original developers of Hadoop and founder of Apache BigTop, the open source project that focuses on building community around the packaging and interoperability testing of Hadoop-related projects, is uniquely qualified for the position.
"In building our Big Data team, we've been seeking Hadoop visionaries and authorities who demonstrate leadership and originality," said David Richards, CEO of WANdisco. "Konstantin Boudnik clearly fits that description, and we're honored that he's chosen to join our team. He brings great professionalism and distribution expertise to WANdisco."
Dr. Boudnik has extensive experience in software development, including Hadoop, analytics, Git, distributed systems and more. An Apache Hadoop committer since 2009, Dr. Boudnik worked at Cloudera prior to Karmasphere, designing and implementing customer solutions, and previous to that, he was Hadoop automation architect with Yahoo! Before Yahoo!, he was at Sun Microsystems, where he led development teams, increased quality control, shortened development lifecycles and improved resources utilization. Dr. Boudnik, who holds several patents, earned his PhD and MS in Computer Science from Saint-Petersburg University, Russia.
WANdisco (LSE: WAND) is a provider of enterprise-ready, high-availability software solutions that enable globally distributed organizations to meet today's data challenges of secure storage, scalability and availability. WANdisco's products are differentiated by the company's patented, active/active data replication technology, serving crucial high availability (HA) requirements, including Hadoop Big Data and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). Fortune Global 1000 companies including AT&T, Motorola, Intel and Halliburton rely on WANdisco for performance, reliability, security and availability. For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
Product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict