|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2013 06:00 PM EST||
JEFFERSON VALLEY, N.Y., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Blue Book Building & Construction Network, publisher of targeted company, contractor and project information for the commercial construction industry, recently announced the successful sale of the previously family-owned company to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in conjunction with the celebration of the company's 100th year in business.
Founded in 1913, The Blue Book Network kicked off its anniversary celebration with a company-wide meeting in December to inform all 500 employees of their shared ownership of the company. In his announcement at the celebration kick-off, President Richard Johnson communicated the wishes of current Chairman and previous owner Jim O'Malley, that the company be sold to the employees to ensure it would live on with the people who helped build it along with the passion that Mr. O'Malley knows is critical to the company's long-term success.
"This is a very exciting and awesome moment for all of us," said Mr. Johnson. "The Blue Book Network employees now own the company and the ESOP enables them to control their own destiny. With the investment of a little hard work and an unbeatable team of employees, the ESOP will help steer The Blue Book Building & Construction Network into the future!"
Over the course of its 100-year history, The Blue Book Network has consistently grown in revenue, number of employees, and products and services offered. Despite recent economic conditions which severely impacted three of the industries that the company is involved with, construction, advertising and publishing. The Blue Book Network has not laid-off a single employee, maintaining its 100-year tradition of no layoffs.
For 2013, The Blue Book Network will continue in its mission to advance the industry, focusing on education through its latest offering, www.bluebookuniversity.com and continuing to develop web-based solutions to streamline workflow from the design phase through maintenance and renovation.
About The Blue Book Network For 100 years, The Blue Book Building & Construction Network has published information on the construction industry that helps companies and contractors share information about people, products and projects. The company maintains a nationwide industry search engine and publishes 28 regional directories annually. In addition, the Network provides a complete suite of marketing, workflow and education resources for the industry.
CONTACT: Deena King, 800-431-2584 ext 3076, [email protected]
SOURCE The Blue Book Network
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict