|By PR.com Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 07:20 AM EST||
Scottsdale, AZ, January 08, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Michaels & Associates announces the release of two new features of the Percolate LMS™ that take advantage of its powerful tagging system: self-registration and communication.
Tagging systems are common across the Web and are typically seen on sites such as Flickr™, Twitter™, Delicious™ and any number of blogs as a way to label (or tag) an image, word or article for classification and rapid exploration of records. In the Percolate LMS, tags are unique keywords associated with a person or course used to group, filter, assign and report course data.
“To the best of our knowledge, the Percolate LMS is the only learning management system that uses the power and flexibility of tags as an integral component in everything it does. The beauty of the tagging system is that it gives clients complete control over their specific customization and implementation needs, translating into much faster ramp-up times and lower start-up costs. If clients want to, they can have their LMS up and running in less than a day,” said Sherry Michaels, President of Michaels & Associates, the company that launched Percolate earlier this year. “Because we’re continually updating the LMS, we’re excited to offer self-registration and communication features as a part of our LMS’s latest release.”
What makes tagging in Percolate so powerful?
1. A Flexible Way to Organize, Manage and Sort People and Courses: Most LMSs offer a one-size-fits-all approach to manage, organize and search for people and courses. With Percolate, clients are limited only by their imagination when using custom tags (or unique keywords) to categorize teams of people and course collections. Think of tags as compartments to group and organize people and courses. Examples of people tags are: sales_team, managers, and southwest_region. Examples of course tags are: newhire_training, compliance and 1stQ_2013.
2. The Cornerstone of Assignments and Self-registration: Tagging is at the heart of Percolate’s course assignment feature. Once people and courses have been given a tag, administrators can simply select a tagged person (or group of people) and drag-n-drop to assign him or her to the appropriate tagged course (or course collection). People tags now have additional functionality, allowing clients to offer self-registration of courses, if desired. Self-registration is easily integrated with any e-commerce system such as Google Wallet™, PayPal® or AmazonPayments™.
3. Intuitive and Quick Reporting and Communication: The basis for any LMS is to track people and course data. Custom tags allow administrators to create their own combination of people and courses to report on. Reporting is inherently intuitive throughout Percolate and all data that is collected is available for download in a spreadsheet format. By choosing a people tag in the new Communicate area in Percolate, administrators are able to quickly send an email to a select group of learners in a snap.
“We understand that tagging is new to some people, so we offer two hours of free LMS set-up support with every monthly subscription plan,” Sherry said. “Tagging truly is a powerful tool. Later on, if our Percolate clients don’t like their initial set-up, tagging puts control and customization in their hands. They can easily modify tags, allowing their LMS to flex and grow as their organization needs. The communication features help people let learners know of any new changes or assignments.”
Based on a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model, the Percolate LMS leverages the web and eliminates the need to install software on a company network. Accounts begin with a 30-day trial at no charge. Percolate offers flexibility with four monthly subscription plans. Plans start at $99/month for 25 active users and increase to $1499/month for 2000 active users, with custom plans for companies with more than 2000 active users. When signing up for a monthly subscription, account holders will continue using Percolate as they have from the first day. There is no need to start over.
For more information, go to www.percolatelms.com.
About Michaels & Associates Docntrain, Ltd.
As a full-service custom training content development company, Michaels & Associates consultants have earned their stripes building e-learning for their clients' LMSs since 1998. Michaels & Associates believes in effective, instructionally sound training that improves employee performance. All projects are learner focused to ensure maximum learning retention and on the job performance. Working collaboratively with clients, Michaels & Associates ensures their training materials fit the time, budget and demands of business.
Specialties include: Online Training, Instructor-Led Training (ILT), Web-Based Training (WBT), Mobile Learning, E-learning, Certainty-Based Marking (CBM), Blended Learning, Percolate Learning Management System (LMS), Online Help, Technical Writing
For more information, go to www.mnalearning.com.
Michaels & Associates
Contact via Email
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict