|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 03:23 PM EST||
WAYNE, Pa., and ALPHARETTA, Ga., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Precyse, a leader in Health Information Management (HIM) technology and services, announces that Precyse University has received praise for its innovative applications and tools for ICD-10 training in a recent KLAS report titled "ICD-10 Consulting: Roadmap to a Successful Transition." Engagements for Precyse were completed through the use of technology, so the overall performance scores are not directly compared to the other consulting firms included in the report.
Training tied for the second-highest area of ICD-10 services provided by third-party firms and is the primary area providers claim they need the most help with in preparing for ICD-10. To achieve ICD-10 readiness, providers reported both clinician training (52%) and coder/staff training (40%) were their greatest needs. In the KLAS report, Precyse tied for the top overall Staff Training score and was the "only firm in this report to receive 100% positive comments from their clients about their ICD-10 services," wrote Erik Westerlind, the report's author. Precyse clients praised the Precyse University training program as mature, comprehensive and flexible.
"Precyse University offers a one-vendor solution for all ICD-10 education needs within an organization," said Chris Powell, Precyse President. "We provide each impacted population the education required to be successful in ICD-10. In addition to the comprehensiveness of our solution, we also offer myriad advanced courseware, applications and tools to make the education more practical, relevant and accessible."
According to the KLAS report, Precyse clients selected Precyse University because of the company's experience with ICD-10 and coding, as well as its tools and applications. In the report, a Precyse client said, "Precyse had tools that the other firm we looked at did not, and their teaching and training seemed to be ahead of the curve. Their training is visual and virtual. They have an arcade game they use for teaching people … They just had what we wanted."
Another client reported, "We felt that Precyse's online tools, including the academy and arcade, were easy to use and navigate. The content was educational, and when we shared it with the coding staff members, they were very excited. Additionally, Precyse's pricing was very good."
The "ICD-10 Consulting" report also noted that providers are anticipating a considerable reduction in the productivity of their coders with the conversion to ICD-10. According to the report, some providers mentioned a projected loss of 50% to 70% in coding productivity. Computer-assisted coding and outsourced coding services can potentially minimize the decrease in productivity, and Westerlind anticipates a growing demand for coding services.
"Precyse has put a lot of time and energy into looking at our coding process and our coding staff from a quality perspective," said Sandy Wood, Director of Revenue Cycle, Naples Community Healthcare System. "With the training they are providing, we are confident that we will be prepared to meet the challenges that arise when ICD-10 goes into effect."
The Precyse University ICD-10 Education Solution offers the most comprehensive array of courseware, tools and applications specifically built for ICD-10 in the country. It offers innovative and practical solutions that go beyond just "courses" to include a full sensory experience that drives understanding and confidence in the new ICD-10 system. Partnering with HealthStream as an exclusive ICD-10 education partner, the Precyse University ICD-10 Education Solution can be provided through an existing HealthStream Learning Center system, a current non-HealthStream learning management system or a custom ICD-10 site for delivery of the education. No matter the current systems or setup, Precyse and HealthStream can deliver ICD-10 education to all of a facility's employees and affiliated professionals.
On-demand education is essential for a change as large and impactful as ICD-10. As an official Apple™, Google Play™ (Android Store) and Amazon® Store developer, Precyse University has launched ICD-10 smartphone apps to make content easier to deliver and update for all learning populations. Precyse University has also launched courses capable of running on mobile-ready devices, specifically optimized for the iPad®.
"We believe that healthcare professionals will need to 'touch and feel' ICD-10 prior to the go-live," said Thomas Ormondroyd, BS, MBA, vice president, general manager, Precyse Learning Solutions. "From coding to documentation to general interaction, learners need the practical application of what they have learned to build a solid understanding and capability. The Precyse University ICD-10 Innovative Applications and Tools allow our learners to have this interactive and practical experience. From real-life practice with our Virtual Simulators to lighthearted fun with our Arcade, our learners will enjoy unique and innovative education."
KLAS is a research firm on a global mission to improve healthcare delivery by enabling providers to be heard and to be counted. Working with thousands of healthcare executives and clinicians, KLAS gathers data on software, services, medical equipment, and infrastructure systems to deliver timely reports, trends, and statistical overviews. The research directly represents the provider voice and acts as a catalyst for improving vendor performance. KLAS was founded in 1996, and their staff and advisory board average 25 years of healthcare information technology experience. Follow KLAS on Twitter at www.twitter.com/KLASresearch.
Precyse provides industry-leading expert services and comprehensive technologies that empower healthcare organizations to most effectively and efficiently capture, organize, secure and analyze clinical data and transform it into actionable information, supporting the delivery of quality patient care and optimizing operating performance. Precyse has enabled more than 2,000 hospitals and health systems nationwide to improve efficiency and deliver tangible outcomes for more than a decade. With products ranging from an integrated transcription and coding platform with advanced speech recognition, expert workflow technologies and Natural Language Comprehension™ to HIM consulting and services, Precyse's flexible software can be delivered standalone or complemented by a professional staff of more than 1,200 experts. Now more than ever, hospitals and health systems are challenged to achieve meaningful use of the legal health record. Precyse is the partner hospitals across the country choose to achieve this goal. To learn more, visit www.precyse.com.
Lisa Algeo, Precyse
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict