|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 01:18 PM EST||
AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Silvercar, an Austin-based technology company, together with Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI), an International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) exhibitor, highlight technological components developed for Silvercar's reimagined car rental experience during CES (January 8 – 11) in Las Vegas.
Silvercar features a single make/model fleet composed of silver 2013 Audi A4s, and a completely mobile-integrated user experience from reservation to receipt. The seamless customer journey is optimized by integrating technology systems in innovative ways, and is made possible by the incorporation of wireless connectivity from TI, fitted by Emmoco. Emmoco, based in Austin, is a mobile technology integration company that worked with Silvercar to fit two critical pieces from TI in Silvercar's circuit boards:
- Bluetooth® low energy (Bluetooth Smart) technology: The CC2540 Bluetooth low energy system-on-chip facilitates the wireless connectivity between the vehicles, renters' smartphones and Silvercar's proprietary technology that enables access to the rental suite where the cars are maintained.
- Stellaris® ARM® Cortex™-M microcontroller: This microcontroller simplifies the connection from the travelers' mobile devices to the CAN bus in the vehicles.
Sid Shaw, worldwide business development and marketing manager, Wireless Connectivity Solutions, TI, said, "We develop technology with specific capabilities, but it's always exciting to see what innovative applications companies realize and implement. Silvercar's mission of modernizing the car rental industry using Bluetooth low energy technology within its service model is very compelling, and we're thrilled TI can be involved to make it a success."
"TI's technology has enabled us to make the vision of a better car rental experience a reality," said Allen Darnell, vice president of technology for Silvercar. "TI has an excellent reputation of meeting technological goals, and their products best meet our needs to provide a seamless car rental experience that will live up to our customers' mobile standards."
In addition to the wireless connectivity made possible by TI's Bluetooth low energy solution, travelers will be able to access the Internet with in-car Wi-Fi technology provided by T-Mobile, also a 2013 CES exhibitor. Wi-Fi, Google Earth GPS navigation, Sirius/XM satellite radio and a toll tag are included in the rental experience at no additional charge (actual toll fees will be applied to a customer's bill).
"The car rental industry is long overdue for innovation," said Silvercar CEO Luke Schneider. "We're energized by the opportunity to make a measureable impact on the industry by introducing a unique and refreshing experience."
Announced in December, Silvercar will launch its fleet of 200 Audi A4s on January 14, 2013, at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). CES attendees will be able to visit the TI Village in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center (exhibit N119) to learn more about Silvercar. The Silvercar apps are available for download from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android. Beginning January 14, 2013, walk-up customers at DFW will be able to reserve a Silvercar by completing their user profile at a self-service kiosk or with available on-site concierges.
To learn more about Silvercar or book today, visit silvercar.com.
With a mission to reimagine the airport car rental experience, Silvercar is launching its first operation at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in January 2013. Silvercar will offer a single make-model combination, the 2013 Audi A4 (in silver, of course), using Web, wireless and mobile technologies to eliminate the friction points in the car rental process. An ever-increasing set of custom settings in a traveler's Silvercar profile allows a personalized experience to follow renters from car to car. A privately held company, Austin-based Silvercar is initially funded by $11.2 million in venture capital investment led by Austin Ventures and including CrunchFund, SV Angel Fund, and tech industry success spotters Chris Dixon and Dave Morin. For more information, visit www.silvercar.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict