|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 12:01 PM EST||
CES BOOTH #1101 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues to embrace the consumer’s smartphone connected lifestyle with the broadest range of car, home and DJ electronic products that offer multiple wired and wireless options with today’s iOS and the Android™ OS smartphone devices. With 97% of smartphone owners in the U.S. using smartphones at home1, 83% while on the go, and 88% for entertainment purposes, Pioneer is committed to the integration of smartphone connectivity with its line of consumer electronics products to bring consumers that personal smartphone experience, whenever and wherever.
Showcased at this year’s 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show, Pioneer is demonstrating interoperability with its smartphone integrated products, including car electronics products such as the AppRadio™ 2, in-dash multimedia navigation and in-dash DVD receivers; home electronics products such as wireless speakers and home audio video receivers; and professional and “prosumer” products such as DJ controllers. This broad range of products enables users to connect their Apple® iOS or Google® Android OS smartphone devices with ease and provide access and control of stored multimedia content and/or smartphone applications.
“The smartphone has become the source for consumer entertainment. They want to share content from their device(s) and we’re making that happen, whether it’s at home, in the car, or on the go,” said Russ Johnston, executive vice president of Corporate Communications for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’re the most smartphone-friendly brand and we are using the latest technologies, including iPhone® 5 connectivity, AppRadio™ Mode, AirPlay™, HTC Connect™, DLNA®, Wireless Direct and Bluetooth®, to give consumers the freedom to enjoy stored audio video entertainment, the latest compatible apps and online content.”
Pioneer Car Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Car Electronics Division is transforming any car into a “connected car,” bringing products designed to meet the consumer’s desire for enhanced integration of entertainment and smartphone connectivity in the car. Pioneer’s in-dash car receivers offer the most smartphone connectivity options for the iPhone 5 and several Android smartphones.
- Multimedia Navigation and DVD Receivers – New connected in-dash products introduced at CES include three navigation receivers and three DVD receivers. As a part of the AppRadio platform, which now consists of a total of thirteen in-dash receivers starting at only $300 suggested retail price, all six systems incorporate Pioneer’s AppRadio Mode (previously known as Advanced App Mode) to provide users the ability to access and control dozens of compatible smartphone apps* through the units’ built-in touchscreen displays.
- iPhone 5 Connectivity – In less than four months, Pioneer was able to develop three different solutions to provide enhanced connectivity between iPhone 5 and a total of thirteen Pioneer in-dash receivers (nine 2013 models and five 2012 models2). Available in the spring, the CD-IH202, CD-IV202AV and CD-IV202NAVI connectivity kits3, in conjunction with an appropriate Apple Lightning adapter from Apple, will give iPhone 5 users the ability to access and control select iPhone 5 apps via the in-dash touchscreen display; to play and control music and videos stored on the iPhone 5; and to play and control the Pandora® internet radio app running on their iPhone 5 via the revolutionary AppRadio and AppRadio Mode interfaces.
- AppRadio Development Center – Pioneer continues to work with many of the most popular services and app developers to deliver the latest and most in demand in-vehicle content from the user’s smartphone to the car. Pioneer’s AppRadio Development Center (www.appradiodev.com) will help grow the library of AppRadio apps*, expediting the development process between Pioneer and third-party app developers by providing the tools necessary for integrating appropriate apps with the AppRadio platform. These tools include the software development kit, technical support, and additional resources to find all of the information necessary from a single central resource portal.
- Latest Apps – Adding to the long list of compatible apps available on the AppRadio platform, new apps have been officially added including those announced at the CES show: iHeartAuto™, Rdio®, Beej!™, Parkopedia®, Glympse®, and Maxthon® Cloud Web Browser, available for the iOS and Android operating systems. The number of applications compatible with the AppRadio platform now totals more than three dozen, ranging from entertainment to navigation apps. A special section of the Pioneer booth has been dedicated to demonstrating the new apps. For a full list of compatible apps on the AppRadio platform, log on to http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
Pioneer Home Electronics Division
Pioneer’s Home Electronics Division recognizes that the smartphone has become the preferred source for streaming audio and video entertainment and offers the most connectivity options in the home for today’s smartphone users. Pioneer’s home electronics products integrate the latest and most convenient wireless technology options for sharing smartphone content in the home through AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Wireless Direct, HTC Connect, and Bluetooth, as well as exclusive apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012.
- Wireless Speakers – Pioneer adds to its lineup of whole home audio products by entering the wireless speaker category with its line of SMA series of Wi-Fi® speakers, the XW-SMA1, XW-SMA3 and XW-SMA4. Designed and sound tuned by renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones, all three models offer AirPlay and DLNA connectivity, as well as an alternative wireless connection called Wireless Direct that allows the speaker to act as its own wireless access point when a network connection is unavailable.
- Networked Home Audio Video Receivers – The full line of networked Pioneer® and Elite® branded audio video receivers will be on display demonstrating support of streaming audio through AirPlay and HTC Connect as well as Pioneer’s proprietary control apps such as ControlApp and iControlAV2012, which allow the user to control and push content from the phone to the audio video receiver via network connection.
- Latest Connectivity – Pioneer is committed to staying at the forefront of technology and continues to offer the latest in connectivity options with the most popular smartphone platforms in the market. Pioneer home products are compatible with the newest iPhone 5 and iPhones running iOS6.
Additionally, Pioneer is the first consumer electronics manufacturer to receive HTC Connect certification and provide a unified connectivity solution for Android smartphone users via HTC Connect technology incorporated in Pioneer’s wireless speakers and AV receivers.
Pioneer DJ Division
Pioneer DJ brings the connected lifestyle into the DJ world with the XDJ-AERO controller, the industry’s first Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers4. The XDJ-AERO allows users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via compatible DJ software by way of MIDI. For additional benefits and convenience, the XDJ-AERO also features Wireless Direct, creating its own access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.
More Pioneer Technologies
- Additional products at the booth demonstrating connectivity include Zypr™, Pioneer’s Web API (Application Programming Interface) that aggregates Internet content and integrates it into mobile devices.
- Pioneer continues to incorporate features from popular music listening trends into its products. Pioneer’s MIXTRAX™ music technology brings today’s DJ-centric lifestyle into the car and home settings. To showcase the revolutionary MIXTRAX technology, Pioneer will be featuring Travis Barker’s classic ’51 Chevy Truck equipped with the DEH-X9500BHS CD receiver at its CES booth.
- Continuing its history of innovation in new business categories, Pioneer will display its future cycling technology, the SGX-CA900 high-performance cyclocomputer and the SGY-PM900 wireless water resistant pedaling monitor sensor, designed to improve pedaling technique for serious riders. The cycling technology builds on Pioneer’s heritage in analysis software and provides riders with detailed analysis of their rides to evaluate their performance.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
* Read the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions provided with compatible smartphone apps before use. Become familiar with any applicable state and local laws. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated safely in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
1 Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT survey – Our Mobile Planet: United States, Understanding the Mobile Consumer (May 2012)
2 Firmware updates and optional cables required.
3 Connectivity kits and Apple Lightning adapter requirements vary by model. For more information, visit www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio.
4 Requires computer with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network.
PIONEER, ELITE, AppRadio and MIXTRAX are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone and AirPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
iHeartAuto is a trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc.
Parkopedia is a registered trademark of Parkopedia Limited.
Beej! is a trademark of ILS Technologies LLC.
Glympse is a registered trademark of Glympse Inc.
Rdio is a registered trademark of Rdio, Inc.
Maxthon is a registered trademark of Maxthon USA Inc.
DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA Certified are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray are trademarks owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association.
The Bluetooth word mark is registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Pioneer is under license.
HTC and HTC Connect are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 389
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 4, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 814
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 389
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 4, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,232
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 4, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,333
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,174
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,277
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,362
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 388
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,294
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 3, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,082
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,219
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 3, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 971
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,199
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,599
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,481
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,151
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,709