|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
LONDON, January 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
This year's T3 Gadget Awards had an overwhelming winner, manufacturer Asus. The readers of T3 magazine cast over half a million votes for their favourite pieces of technology, services and people and it was certainly Asus' night. The Taiwanese company scooped five awards in total including Tech Brand of the Year and Tablet of the Year for their Google Nexus 7.
A sell-out sensation, the Google Nexus 7 incorporates Android's Jelly Bean software in a pocket-sized package. Powerful, yet lightweight, this slender tablet has a 1.2 megapixel camera, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities and a vast amount of standby time - 300 hours.
The ceremony didn't just honour gadgets, Carphone Warehouse founder; Charles Dunstone presented the prestigious Outstanding Contribution to Technology award to Alan Sugar. Although a business magnate who's been in the technology industry for over 40 years, Sugar rose to notoriety on BBC's "The Apprentice". The entrepreneur said he's always been a tech geek, apparent in the catalogue of products he's been behind, from the first satellite dishes to his latest venture in TV set top boxes, YouView.
Speaking at the event, the editor of T3 magazine, Luke Peters said that there's never been a more exciting time for the technology industry. He stated that not only is there a fantastic range of products out there, but the standard of them is very high. With such a huge range of tech available, multiple different ways to access the internet and so many things to do and see online, it's easy to feel overcome. A report released states that 1 in 3 of us feels completely overwhelmed by technology . Those surveyed said they frequently felt that they weren't managing their time online as well as they would have liked. An article on Help and Support at Carphone Warehouse has a simple breakdown of how many megabytes are consumed by typical things on your phone, like browsing websites and reading maps. This way you can ensure your mobile bills and your time is managed well.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict