|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 11:06 AM EST||
Big Fish, the most trusted global leader in casual games, announced today that its innovative cloud gaming service, Big Fish Unlimited, will be published by Microsoft Studios for Windows 8 devices in 2013. Customers will be able to instantly play hundreds of Big Fish's high-quality casual games anytime, anywhere on Windows 8 tablets and PCs. Players will be able to connect their Xbox LIVE accounts to Big Fish Unlimited to earn achievements and share their game play with friends.
Big Fish Unlimited has a catalog of games – 150 today with new games added every week – that run in the cloud and are instantly accessible via interactive streaming video on a variety of connected devices, which now include Windows 8 tablets and PCs. Game progress is saved in the cloud, allowing customers to easily play, pause and resume on multiple devices, and giving them maximum flexibility in where and how they want to play.
"We are thrilled to support the innovative new Windows 8 platform with Microsoft Studios. Windows 8 and Big Fish Unlimited are a perfect match," said Will O'Brien, Vice President and General Manager of Cloud Gaming for Big Fish. "Already live today on the web and Android tablets, Big Fish Unlimited will undoubtedly delight new customers on Windows 8 devices."
Subscription access to the Big Fish Unlimited premium catalog is available for a $7.99 monthly fee. Big Fish also offers free access to a rotating catalog of games supported by advertising. The streaming service is currently available on PC browsers and Android tablets via Google Play. Big Fish plans to add support for Mac, smartphones, connected TVs and other platforms in the coming year.
More information about Big Fish Unlimited is available at http://bigfishunlimited.com
About Big Fish
Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the most trusted global leader in casual games, and is dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish’s network of more than 500 development partners and its in-house Big Fish Games Studios. The company has distributed more than 2 billion games from a growing catalog of 3,000+ unique PC games and 250+ unique mobile games, and also offers a universal cloud gaming service, Big Fish Unlimited. Big Fish’s games are playable on a wide variety of devices across 10 languages and by players from 150 countries. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA; Cork, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Luxembourg.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict