|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced new products with global Tier-1 OEMs for the new era of the connected lifestyle at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the most innovative silicon design companies in the world, Marvell will showcase Smart home entertainment and breakthrough end-to-end solutions for Smart screen products for Google TV and Android TV from ASUS, Hisense, NETGEAR, Lenovo, LG U+ and TCL.
"I believe that 2013 is the big year of the Smart TV. The market is ready, the ecosystem is in place, and more powerful, affordable and easy-to-use technology is driving the way consumers access live digital content — voice, data, video, photos, music and news — seamlessly, in any format from wherever they are, whenever they want on the big Smart screen," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "I'm so pleased to see the successful launch of our global Tier-1 OEMs for Google TV and Android TV. I believe this is just the beginning of empowering big Smart screens to the masses similar to the movement that led to the wide adoption of smartphones globally."
Marvell will showcase next-generation breakthrough solutions and OEM customer products at booth No. 31423, located on the upper level of South Hall 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including:
New Marvell Smart Home Entertainment Offerings Including Ultra HD (4K x 2K)
- ASUS – The award-winning Marvell® ARMADA® 1500 Series SoC platform will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. The device represents ASUS's foray into the Smart TV market and demonstrates one of many ways the ARMADA 1500 series creates new business opportunities for device makers looking to take advantage of the connected living room market.
- Hisense – The award-winning Marvell ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series, which has been recognized as a CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree. Hisense's expanding US footprint underscores Marvell's role in a growing global ecosystem for Google TV-enabled entertainment.
- Lenovo – The Marvell ARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform is powering Lenovo's new S31 Smart TV, one of the most cost-effective Android Smart TVs on the market. Lenovo's newest Smart TV is targeted squarely at price conscious customers and further represents Marvell's deep commitment to powering the connected lifestyle for consumers around the world. Lenovo first leveraged Marvell's cutting-edge platform in its much-anticipated S51 and S61 Smart TVs, which were introduced in the fall of 2012.
- LG U+ – The ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is enabling a new IPTV Google TV set-top box from service provider LG U+. The solution is the first of its kind and marks a new era of streamlined performance and entertainment content in the connected home.
- NETGEAR – The MarvellARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform will power the NeoTV PRIME with Google TV from NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. By integrating high-performance Smart TV technology with NETGEAR's core competency in broadband switching, NeoTV PRIME with Google TV represents a shift on NETGEAR's account from pure networking to comprehensive, client-based products for immersive, connected-home entertainment.
- TCL – TCL is the first company to offer both a Google TV 3.0-enabled Smart TV and set-top box with Google TV powered by the Marvell ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform. The TCL MoVo with Google TV (Smart TV) and TCL MoVo Box with Google TV (internet connected set-top box) represent the expansion of TCL's geographical focus into the U.S. market and reinforce the ubiquity of Marvell's technology in the Smart TV space.
- Marvell Remote Control Platform – Marvell is introducing an advanced remote control platform with user-friendly voice search and gesture recognition for Smart TVs and Smart homes. Marvell's total solution complements its award-winning ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform for Google TV, Smart TVs and Smart furnishings.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies are being deployed with top manufacturers such as COMTREND, Cambridge Industries Group (CIG), Teleconnect and Woxter. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber. Marvell will also showcase additional G.hn solutions from Billion, Delta Networks Inc.,T&W and ZTE at CES.
- Marvell-enabled Virtual Desktop – Marvell will showcase its new Marvell-enabled virtual desktop platform developed in tandem with ZeroDesktop, with new implementations by ODMs including CVT Electronics, MiTAC International Corp. and Wistron to bring a comprehensive range of cost-effective Android-based cloud services and computing products to existing and emerging markets. Marvell also will introduce a new Smart Hub home cloud platform enabling a low-power, always-on and complete form factor for home servers that fosters a new generation of remote services, including content access, smart energy management, health monitoring and personalized entertainment.
- The Marvell mPrint Mobile Cloud Printing Module – Marvell will demonstrate its new, low-cost USB plug-in that lets consumers add a broad range of wireless connectivity and mobile printing functionality to legacy printers, saving these models from obsolescence.
- The Industry-first Avastar® 88W8864 802.11ac 4x4 Access Point – Marvell's solution provides a threefold increase in Wi-Fi throughput and is designed to enable reliable, carrier-grade HD multi-stream video distribution over Wi-Fi networks. In addition, Marvell's all-new 88W8897 2x2 mobile MIMO combines 802.11ac, near field communications (NFC), Miracast and Bluetooth 4.0 to ease the bandwidth burden brought about by the explosion of wireless devices in the home. Both solutions will be on display at CES.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, ARMADA, Avastar and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,339
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,014
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,538
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,718
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 885
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,666
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,001
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 752
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,186
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 804
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,872
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,886
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,308
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,108
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,792
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,024
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,080
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 911
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,067
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,473