|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced new products with global Tier-1 OEMs for the new era of the connected lifestyle at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the most innovative silicon design companies in the world, Marvell will showcase Smart home entertainment and breakthrough end-to-end solutions for Smart screen products for Google TV and Android TV from ASUS, Hisense, NETGEAR, Lenovo, LG U+ and TCL.
"I believe that 2013 is the big year of the Smart TV. The market is ready, the ecosystem is in place, and more powerful, affordable and easy-to-use technology is driving the way consumers access live digital content — voice, data, video, photos, music and news — seamlessly, in any format from wherever they are, whenever they want on the big Smart screen," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "I'm so pleased to see the successful launch of our global Tier-1 OEMs for Google TV and Android TV. I believe this is just the beginning of empowering big Smart screens to the masses similar to the movement that led to the wide adoption of smartphones globally."
Marvell will showcase next-generation breakthrough solutions and OEM customer products at booth No. 31423, located on the upper level of South Hall 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including:
New Marvell Smart Home Entertainment Offerings Including Ultra HD (4K x 2K)
- ASUS – The award-winning Marvell® ARMADA® 1500 Series SoC platform will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. The device represents ASUS's foray into the Smart TV market and demonstrates one of many ways the ARMADA 1500 series creates new business opportunities for device makers looking to take advantage of the connected living room market.
- Hisense – The award-winning Marvell ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series, which has been recognized as a CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree. Hisense's expanding US footprint underscores Marvell's role in a growing global ecosystem for Google TV-enabled entertainment.
- Lenovo – The Marvell ARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform is powering Lenovo's new S31 Smart TV, one of the most cost-effective Android Smart TVs on the market. Lenovo's newest Smart TV is targeted squarely at price conscious customers and further represents Marvell's deep commitment to powering the connected lifestyle for consumers around the world. Lenovo first leveraged Marvell's cutting-edge platform in its much-anticipated S51 and S61 Smart TVs, which were introduced in the fall of 2012.
- LG U+ – The ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is enabling a new IPTV Google TV set-top box from service provider LG U+. The solution is the first of its kind and marks a new era of streamlined performance and entertainment content in the connected home.
- NETGEAR – The MarvellARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform will power the NeoTV PRIME with Google TV from NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. By integrating high-performance Smart TV technology with NETGEAR's core competency in broadband switching, NeoTV PRIME with Google TV represents a shift on NETGEAR's account from pure networking to comprehensive, client-based products for immersive, connected-home entertainment.
- TCL – TCL is the first company to offer both a Google TV 3.0-enabled Smart TV and set-top box with Google TV powered by the Marvell ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform. The TCL MoVo with Google TV (Smart TV) and TCL MoVo Box with Google TV (internet connected set-top box) represent the expansion of TCL's geographical focus into the U.S. market and reinforce the ubiquity of Marvell's technology in the Smart TV space.
- Marvell Remote Control Platform – Marvell is introducing an advanced remote control platform with user-friendly voice search and gesture recognition for Smart TVs and Smart homes. Marvell's total solution complements its award-winning ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform for Google TV, Smart TVs and Smart furnishings.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies are being deployed with top manufacturers such as COMTREND, Cambridge Industries Group (CIG), Teleconnect and Woxter. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber. Marvell will also showcase additional G.hn solutions from Billion, Delta Networks Inc.,T&W and ZTE at CES.
- Marvell-enabled Virtual Desktop – Marvell will showcase its new Marvell-enabled virtual desktop platform developed in tandem with ZeroDesktop, with new implementations by ODMs including CVT Electronics, MiTAC International Corp. and Wistron to bring a comprehensive range of cost-effective Android-based cloud services and computing products to existing and emerging markets. Marvell also will introduce a new Smart Hub home cloud platform enabling a low-power, always-on and complete form factor for home servers that fosters a new generation of remote services, including content access, smart energy management, health monitoring and personalized entertainment.
- The Marvell mPrint Mobile Cloud Printing Module – Marvell will demonstrate its new, low-cost USB plug-in that lets consumers add a broad range of wireless connectivity and mobile printing functionality to legacy printers, saving these models from obsolescence.
- The Industry-first Avastar® 88W8864 802.11ac 4x4 Access Point – Marvell's solution provides a threefold increase in Wi-Fi throughput and is designed to enable reliable, carrier-grade HD multi-stream video distribution over Wi-Fi networks. In addition, Marvell's all-new 88W8897 2x2 mobile MIMO combines 802.11ac, near field communications (NFC), Miracast and Bluetooth 4.0 to ease the bandwidth burden brought about by the explosion of wireless devices in the home. Both solutions will be on display at CES.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, ARMADA, Avastar and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 919
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 879
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 821
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 959
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 2,035
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,709
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,133
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 743
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,803
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,056
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,818
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,306
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 1,414
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,149
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,384
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 895
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,201
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 7, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 2,236
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,773
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,688