|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced new products with global Tier-1 OEMs for the new era of the connected lifestyle at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the most innovative silicon design companies in the world, Marvell will showcase Smart home entertainment and breakthrough end-to-end solutions for Smart screen products for Google TV and Android TV from ASUS, Hisense, NETGEAR, Lenovo, LG U+ and TCL.
"I believe that 2013 is the big year of the Smart TV. The market is ready, the ecosystem is in place, and more powerful, affordable and easy-to-use technology is driving the way consumers access live digital content — voice, data, video, photos, music and news — seamlessly, in any format from wherever they are, whenever they want on the big Smart screen," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "I'm so pleased to see the successful launch of our global Tier-1 OEMs for Google TV and Android TV. I believe this is just the beginning of empowering big Smart screens to the masses similar to the movement that led to the wide adoption of smartphones globally."
Marvell will showcase next-generation breakthrough solutions and OEM customer products at booth No. 31423, located on the upper level of South Hall 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including:
New Marvell Smart Home Entertainment Offerings Including Ultra HD (4K x 2K)
- ASUS – The award-winning Marvell® ARMADA® 1500 Series SoC platform will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. The device represents ASUS's foray into the Smart TV market and demonstrates one of many ways the ARMADA 1500 series creates new business opportunities for device makers looking to take advantage of the connected living room market.
- Hisense – The award-winning Marvell ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series, which has been recognized as a CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree. Hisense's expanding US footprint underscores Marvell's role in a growing global ecosystem for Google TV-enabled entertainment.
- Lenovo – The Marvell ARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform is powering Lenovo's new S31 Smart TV, one of the most cost-effective Android Smart TVs on the market. Lenovo's newest Smart TV is targeted squarely at price conscious customers and further represents Marvell's deep commitment to powering the connected lifestyle for consumers around the world. Lenovo first leveraged Marvell's cutting-edge platform in its much-anticipated S51 and S61 Smart TVs, which were introduced in the fall of 2012.
- LG U+ – The ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is enabling a new IPTV Google TV set-top box from service provider LG U+. The solution is the first of its kind and marks a new era of streamlined performance and entertainment content in the connected home.
- NETGEAR – The MarvellARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform will power the NeoTV PRIME with Google TV from NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. By integrating high-performance Smart TV technology with NETGEAR's core competency in broadband switching, NeoTV PRIME with Google TV represents a shift on NETGEAR's account from pure networking to comprehensive, client-based products for immersive, connected-home entertainment.
- TCL – TCL is the first company to offer both a Google TV 3.0-enabled Smart TV and set-top box with Google TV powered by the Marvell ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform. The TCL MoVo with Google TV (Smart TV) and TCL MoVo Box with Google TV (internet connected set-top box) represent the expansion of TCL's geographical focus into the U.S. market and reinforce the ubiquity of Marvell's technology in the Smart TV space.
- Marvell Remote Control Platform – Marvell is introducing an advanced remote control platform with user-friendly voice search and gesture recognition for Smart TVs and Smart homes. Marvell's total solution complements its award-winning ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform for Google TV, Smart TVs and Smart furnishings.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies are being deployed with top manufacturers such as COMTREND, Cambridge Industries Group (CIG), Teleconnect and Woxter. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber. Marvell will also showcase additional G.hn solutions from Billion, Delta Networks Inc.,T&W and ZTE at CES.
- Marvell-enabled Virtual Desktop – Marvell will showcase its new Marvell-enabled virtual desktop platform developed in tandem with ZeroDesktop, with new implementations by ODMs including CVT Electronics, MiTAC International Corp. and Wistron to bring a comprehensive range of cost-effective Android-based cloud services and computing products to existing and emerging markets. Marvell also will introduce a new Smart Hub home cloud platform enabling a low-power, always-on and complete form factor for home servers that fosters a new generation of remote services, including content access, smart energy management, health monitoring and personalized entertainment.
- The Marvell mPrint Mobile Cloud Printing Module – Marvell will demonstrate its new, low-cost USB plug-in that lets consumers add a broad range of wireless connectivity and mobile printing functionality to legacy printers, saving these models from obsolescence.
- The Industry-first Avastar® 88W8864 802.11ac 4x4 Access Point – Marvell's solution provides a threefold increase in Wi-Fi throughput and is designed to enable reliable, carrier-grade HD multi-stream video distribution over Wi-Fi networks. In addition, Marvell's all-new 88W8897 2x2 mobile MIMO combines 802.11ac, near field communications (NFC), Miracast and Bluetooth 4.0 to ease the bandwidth burden brought about by the explosion of wireless devices in the home. Both solutions will be on display at CES.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, ARMADA, Avastar and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 859
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 208
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 598
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 432
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 383
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater.
Aug. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 116
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 429
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 385
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 257
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 29, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 112
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 29, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 202
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 29, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 132
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 199
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 332
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 124
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 549
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 476
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 276
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,224