|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced new products with global Tier-1 OEMs for the new era of the connected lifestyle at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the most innovative silicon design companies in the world, Marvell will showcase Smart home entertainment and breakthrough end-to-end solutions for Smart screen products for Google TV and Android TV from ASUS, Hisense, NETGEAR, Lenovo, LG U+ and TCL.
"I believe that 2013 is the big year of the Smart TV. The market is ready, the ecosystem is in place, and more powerful, affordable and easy-to-use technology is driving the way consumers access live digital content — voice, data, video, photos, music and news — seamlessly, in any format from wherever they are, whenever they want on the big Smart screen," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "I'm so pleased to see the successful launch of our global Tier-1 OEMs for Google TV and Android TV. I believe this is just the beginning of empowering big Smart screens to the masses similar to the movement that led to the wide adoption of smartphones globally."
Marvell will showcase next-generation breakthrough solutions and OEM customer products at booth No. 31423, located on the upper level of South Hall 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including:
New Marvell Smart Home Entertainment Offerings Including Ultra HD (4K x 2K)
- ASUS – The award-winning Marvell® ARMADA® 1500 Series SoC platform will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. The device represents ASUS's foray into the Smart TV market and demonstrates one of many ways the ARMADA 1500 series creates new business opportunities for device makers looking to take advantage of the connected living room market.
- Hisense – The award-winning Marvell ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series, which has been recognized as a CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree. Hisense's expanding US footprint underscores Marvell's role in a growing global ecosystem for Google TV-enabled entertainment.
- Lenovo – The Marvell ARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform is powering Lenovo's new S31 Smart TV, one of the most cost-effective Android Smart TVs on the market. Lenovo's newest Smart TV is targeted squarely at price conscious customers and further represents Marvell's deep commitment to powering the connected lifestyle for consumers around the world. Lenovo first leveraged Marvell's cutting-edge platform in its much-anticipated S51 and S61 Smart TVs, which were introduced in the fall of 2012.
- LG U+ – The ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is enabling a new IPTV Google TV set-top box from service provider LG U+. The solution is the first of its kind and marks a new era of streamlined performance and entertainment content in the connected home.
- NETGEAR – The MarvellARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform will power the NeoTV PRIME with Google TV from NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. By integrating high-performance Smart TV technology with NETGEAR's core competency in broadband switching, NeoTV PRIME with Google TV represents a shift on NETGEAR's account from pure networking to comprehensive, client-based products for immersive, connected-home entertainment.
- TCL – TCL is the first company to offer both a Google TV 3.0-enabled Smart TV and set-top box with Google TV powered by the Marvell ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform. The TCL MoVo with Google TV (Smart TV) and TCL MoVo Box with Google TV (internet connected set-top box) represent the expansion of TCL's geographical focus into the U.S. market and reinforce the ubiquity of Marvell's technology in the Smart TV space.
- Marvell Remote Control Platform – Marvell is introducing an advanced remote control platform with user-friendly voice search and gesture recognition for Smart TVs and Smart homes. Marvell's total solution complements its award-winning ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform for Google TV, Smart TVs and Smart furnishings.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies are being deployed with top manufacturers such as COMTREND, Cambridge Industries Group (CIG), Teleconnect and Woxter. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber. Marvell will also showcase additional G.hn solutions from Billion, Delta Networks Inc.,T&W and ZTE at CES.
- Marvell-enabled Virtual Desktop – Marvell will showcase its new Marvell-enabled virtual desktop platform developed in tandem with ZeroDesktop, with new implementations by ODMs including CVT Electronics, MiTAC International Corp. and Wistron to bring a comprehensive range of cost-effective Android-based cloud services and computing products to existing and emerging markets. Marvell also will introduce a new Smart Hub home cloud platform enabling a low-power, always-on and complete form factor for home servers that fosters a new generation of remote services, including content access, smart energy management, health monitoring and personalized entertainment.
- The Marvell mPrint Mobile Cloud Printing Module – Marvell will demonstrate its new, low-cost USB plug-in that lets consumers add a broad range of wireless connectivity and mobile printing functionality to legacy printers, saving these models from obsolescence.
- The Industry-first Avastar® 88W8864 802.11ac 4x4 Access Point – Marvell's solution provides a threefold increase in Wi-Fi throughput and is designed to enable reliable, carrier-grade HD multi-stream video distribution over Wi-Fi networks. In addition, Marvell's all-new 88W8897 2x2 mobile MIMO combines 802.11ac, near field communications (NFC), Miracast and Bluetooth 4.0 to ease the bandwidth burden brought about by the explosion of wireless devices in the home. Both solutions will be on display at CES.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, ARMADA, Avastar and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
Feb. 26, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 578
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Feb. 26, 2015 05:45 PM EST Reads: 539
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applications - creating more engaging experiences for their customers and boosting collaboration and productiv...
Feb. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,110
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gary Hall, Chief Technology Officer, Federal Defense at Cisco Systems, will break down the core capabilities of IoT in multiple settings and expand upon IoE for bo...
Feb. 26, 2015 04:30 PM EST Reads: 638
The Internet of Things (IoT) is causing data centers to become radically decentralized and atomized within a new paradigm known as “fog computing.” To support IoT applications, such as connected cars and smart grids, data centers' core functions will be decentralized out to the network's edges and endpoints (aka “fogs”). As this trend takes hold, Big Data analytics platforms will focus on high-volume log analysis (aka “logs”) and rely heavily on cognitive-computing algorithms (aka “cogs”) to make sense of it all.
Feb. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 668
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, a...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,826
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 994
Feb. 26, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,190
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, representing a model of how to analyze rea...
Feb. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,003
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
Feb. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,028
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - is now accepting submissions to demo smart cars on the Expo Floor. Smart car sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem.
Feb. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,562
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
Feb. 26, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,745
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
Feb. 26, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 407
Feb. 26, 2015 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,123
When it comes to the Internet of Things, hooking up will get you only so far. If you want customers to commit, you need to go beyond simply connecting products. You need to use the devices themselves to transform how you engage with every customer and how you manage the entire product lifecycle. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, will show how “product relationship management” can help you leverage your connected devices and the data they generate about customer usage and product performance to deliver extremely compelling and reliabl...
Feb. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,059
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from ...
Feb. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,541
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
Feb. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,691
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. Learn about IoT, Big Data and deployments processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines.
Feb. 26, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,775
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
Feb. 26, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,864
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Feb. 26, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,709