|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today introduced new products with global Tier-1 OEMs for the new era of the connected lifestyle at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas. As one of the most innovative silicon design companies in the world, Marvell will showcase Smart home entertainment and breakthrough end-to-end solutions for Smart screen products for Google TV and Android TV from ASUS, Hisense, NETGEAR, Lenovo, LG U+ and TCL.
"I believe that 2013 is the big year of the Smart TV. The market is ready, the ecosystem is in place, and more powerful, affordable and easy-to-use technology is driving the way consumers access live digital content — voice, data, video, photos, music and news — seamlessly, in any format from wherever they are, whenever they want on the big Smart screen," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "I'm so pleased to see the successful launch of our global Tier-1 OEMs for Google TV and Android TV. I believe this is just the beginning of empowering big Smart screens to the masses similar to the movement that led to the wide adoption of smartphones globally."
Marvell will showcase next-generation breakthrough solutions and OEM customer products at booth No. 31423, located on the upper level of South Hall 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including:
New Marvell Smart Home Entertainment Offerings Including Ultra HD (4K x 2K)
- ASUS – The award-winning Marvell® ARMADA® 1500 Series SoC platform will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. The device represents ASUS's foray into the Smart TV market and demonstrates one of many ways the ARMADA 1500 series creates new business opportunities for device makers looking to take advantage of the connected living room market.
- Hisense – The award-winning Marvell ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series, which has been recognized as a CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree. Hisense's expanding US footprint underscores Marvell's role in a growing global ecosystem for Google TV-enabled entertainment.
- Lenovo – The Marvell ARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform is powering Lenovo's new S31 Smart TV, one of the most cost-effective Android Smart TVs on the market. Lenovo's newest Smart TV is targeted squarely at price conscious customers and further represents Marvell's deep commitment to powering the connected lifestyle for consumers around the world. Lenovo first leveraged Marvell's cutting-edge platform in its much-anticipated S51 and S61 Smart TVs, which were introduced in the fall of 2012.
- LG U+ – The ARMADA1500 Series SoC platform is enabling a new IPTV Google TV set-top box from service provider LG U+. The solution is the first of its kind and marks a new era of streamlined performance and entertainment content in the connected home.
- NETGEAR – The MarvellARMADA 1500 Series SoC platform will power the NeoTV PRIME with Google TV from NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. By integrating high-performance Smart TV technology with NETGEAR's core competency in broadband switching, NeoTV PRIME with Google TV represents a shift on NETGEAR's account from pure networking to comprehensive, client-based products for immersive, connected-home entertainment.
- TCL – TCL is the first company to offer both a Google TV 3.0-enabled Smart TV and set-top box with Google TV powered by the Marvell ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform. The TCL MoVo with Google TV (Smart TV) and TCL MoVo Box with Google TV (internet connected set-top box) represent the expansion of TCL's geographical focus into the U.S. market and reinforce the ubiquity of Marvell's technology in the Smart TV space.
- Marvell Remote Control Platform – Marvell is introducing an advanced remote control platform with user-friendly voice search and gesture recognition for Smart TVs and Smart homes. Marvell's total solution complements its award-winning ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform for Google TV, Smart TVs and Smart furnishings.
Smart Connectivity Solutions
- G.hn Wireline Deployments – Marvell's award-winning and first-to-be-certified G.hn wireline technologies are being deployed with top manufacturers such as COMTREND, Cambridge Industries Group (CIG), Teleconnect and Woxter. Marvell is providing connectivity at 1 Gbit/s over any home wiring, including electrical wires, coaxial cables, twisted pair and optical fiber. Marvell will also showcase additional G.hn solutions from Billion, Delta Networks Inc.,T&W and ZTE at CES.
- Marvell-enabled Virtual Desktop – Marvell will showcase its new Marvell-enabled virtual desktop platform developed in tandem with ZeroDesktop, with new implementations by ODMs including CVT Electronics, MiTAC International Corp. and Wistron to bring a comprehensive range of cost-effective Android-based cloud services and computing products to existing and emerging markets. Marvell also will introduce a new Smart Hub home cloud platform enabling a low-power, always-on and complete form factor for home servers that fosters a new generation of remote services, including content access, smart energy management, health monitoring and personalized entertainment.
- The Marvell mPrint Mobile Cloud Printing Module – Marvell will demonstrate its new, low-cost USB plug-in that lets consumers add a broad range of wireless connectivity and mobile printing functionality to legacy printers, saving these models from obsolescence.
- The Industry-first Avastar® 88W8864 802.11ac 4x4 Access Point – Marvell's solution provides a threefold increase in Wi-Fi throughput and is designed to enable reliable, carrier-grade HD multi-stream video distribution over Wi-Fi networks. In addition, Marvell's all-new 88W8897 2x2 mobile MIMO combines 802.11ac, near field communications (NFC), Miracast and Bluetooth 4.0 to ease the bandwidth burden brought about by the explosion of wireless devices in the home. Both solutions will be on display at CES.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, ARMADA, Avastar and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 624
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal ...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 2,312
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 17, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 7,504
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 455
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,585
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 6,209
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,559
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,045
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,904
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,978
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,741
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,636
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,376
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 17, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 264
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 4,472
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 5,554
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 5,061
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,912
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,194
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 5,716