|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) today announced that the award-winning Marvell® ARMADA® 1500 series System-on-Chip (SoC) platform (88DE3100) will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. The device represents ASUS's foray into the Smart TV market and demonstrates one of many ways the ARMADA 1500 series creates new business opportunities for device makers looking to take advantage of the connected living room market. Marvell and ASUS will demonstrate the ASUS Qube with Google TV at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES.)
"I'm very proud that Marvell's successful collaboration with Google has empowered ASUS's debut in the Smart TV market with the Google TV-enabled Qube. It's our passion to drive breakthrough technology and innovation with our long-term commitment to the Smart TV market, as well as our collaboration with Google and leading global OEMs," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "ASUS Qube with Google TV leverages the award-winning ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform to bring live and interactive content to the living room, creating an explosive entertainment experience in today's connected home. We're proud of our leadership role in this important new technology and we're very pleased that ASUS was able to leverage the high-performance, low-power and efficient design and versatility of Marvell's solution to create a sleek Google TV media streamer. I believe this is just the beginning and we look forward to many more years of growth and success."
The ASUS Qube with Google TV introduces a number of exciting capabilities to the Google TV ecosystem, including a mobile control application that is designed to enable users to control the device using a tablet or smartphone as a Smart remote. It also comes equipped with 50 gigabytes (GB) of free ASUS WebStorage cloud space, a movie player supporting local playback and a message board application that displays users' instant messages on the Qube.
"ASUS chose Marvell technology when designing Qube with Google TV for its combination of great performance and energy efficiency, two key factors in allowing us to provide customers with the most innovative Google TV entertainment experience available," said Kent Chien, General Manager of Multimedia Business Unit. "The ASUS Qube with Google TV represents the best of our Design Thinking philosophy which centers on new, immersive and intuitive approaches to home entertainment. Alongside ASUS design, Marvell's ARMADA 1500 series offers us tools that help ensure our customers enjoy better media capabilities within a highly competitive market."
"We continue to team with Google TV ecosystem partners such as Marvell to bring more ways to offer entertainment and Google services on your TV. With Marvell, we're able to offer a growing array of products at attractive price points," said Suveer Kothari, Director of Business Development for Google TV.
Powerful, energy-efficient, ultra-scalable and affordable, the ARMADA 1500 series SoC platform contains Marvell's highest-performing ARM v7-compatible PJ4B SMP super-scalar dual-core CPU. The chip is designed to enable PC-like processing power to support Web browsing with support for Flash and other key technologies – with the aid of more than 6,000 Dhrystone MIPS of computing horsepower, FPU v3.0, 512 KB of L2 cache and NEON. With advanced, cellphone-like power management, the platform is also incredibly energy-efficient.
The ARMADA 1500 contains Marvell's award-winning Qdeo® video processing for state-of-the-art HD and 3-D video, including scaling, noise reduction and de-interlacing. The chip offers VMeta™, a multi-format video decoder that can decode up to two simultaneous 1080p streams as well as a host of other video formats and containers.
The ASUS Qube comes equipped with HDMI input and output, two USB 2.0 ports, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, a 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port and a proprietary ASUS Qube user interface. The device is designed to support Google EPG TV and movie playback, local media file playback, one-touch play capabilities, remote control pass-through and DLNA media streaming. Applications available at launch will include Clock, Downloads, Google Chrome, Live TV, Music, Photos, PrimeTime, Play Store, Search, Settings, Spotlight and YouTube. ASUS Qube with Google TV will be available in U.S. market beginning late Q1 2013.
At the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show, ASUS will demonstrate the ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer from 9 am to 6 pm Monday, Jan. 7, to Thursday, Jan. 10, at the Trump Hotel, 62nd floor. Marvell also will demonstrate ASUS's latest offering at its booth, No. 31423, at CES, being held Tuesday, Jan. 8 to Friday, Jan. 11, at the Las Vegas Convention Center (3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas).
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions enabling the digital connected lifestyle. From mobile communications to storage, cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, ARMADA, Qdeo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. VMeta is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict