|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 11:36 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Porsche now offers Aha™ as part of a new Online Services option, available across its entire product line. Aha is a free service that seamlessly organizes and integrates your favorite content from the web between your phone and car, so you can easily access it wherever you go, including in your Porsche. The new feature is available on vehicles equipped with the latest generation of the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system, which offers a variety of additional entertainment, navigation and information options.
The Aha experience starts with a customer using their Apple iOS or Android device to download the free Aha Radio app. The app allows customers to easily access and organize their favorite content from the web into personalized "radio"-like stations. This content can then be easily and seamlessly enjoyed inside their Porsche though the same PCM interface used to control other typical entertainment and navigation functions.
Aha™ offers the following content options:
- On-demand music services, entertainment, news, sports, internet radio, podcasts and audiobooks
- More than 30,000 stations, with new content added all the time
- Read aloud access to social network feeds, including Facebook™ and Twitter™
- Traffic and weather reports
- Personalized restaurant recommendations
- Google POI search
With the Google POI feature, the results of an online point-of-interest search can be used as a navigation destination, and input directly into the PCM at the press of a button.
Production of vehicles equipped with the Online Services option has already begun. The feature is available across the Porsche lineup in the United States as a standalone option on vehicles equipped with PCM for $210.
A Porsche Cayenne GTS equipped with Online Services and Aha will be available for demonstrations to media at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from January 8-11, 2013 at the Aha by Harman tent at the Central Plaza (# CP-13) at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
About Porsche Cars North America
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Ga. is the exclusive U.S. importer of Porsche sports cars, the Cayenne SUV and Panamera sports sedan. Established in 1984, it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Porsche AG, which is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, and employs approximately 220 people who provide parts, service, marketing and training for 191 dealers. They, in turn, work to provide Porsche customers with a best-in-class experience that is in keeping with the brand's 63-year history and leadership in the advancement of vehicle performance, safety and efficiency.
At the core of this success is Porsche's proud racing heritage that boasts some 30,000 motorsport wins to date.
For Porsche apps: http://www.porsche.com/usa/entertainment/apps/
About Aha by HARMAN
Aha, a unit of HARMAN International Industries, is the interactive service that makes Web content as easy and safe to use as radio. Aha uses the Harman Cloud Platform to organize content from the Web into personalized radio stations that consumers can listen to from anywhere – at home, on the go, or safely from the driver's seat. By the end of 2013, more than ten automotive manufacturers will launch vehicles using Aha to enable safe access to Web content for drivers, including Acura, Ford, Honda, Porsche and Subaru. The Aha platform and service was started in 2008 in Silicon Valley by a group of Web and multimedia veterans with a shared passion for delivering an "always on" audio experience to connect drivers to the content they really want. HARMAN, the company that designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets, acquired Aha in September 2010. For more information, visit www.aharadio.com or find Aha on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict