|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 09:15 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Magisto—winner of the 2012 CES Mobile Apps Showdown—heralds a shift in focus of social video from a light sharing and viewing activity, to full-spectrum storytelling with sophisticated editing and production features. Magisto–which has more than 3 million users one year after its launch at CES 2012–enables the transformation of everyday experiences into unforgettable movies.
New research from Magisto and PlayScience found that more than 80 percent of parents want a timesaving, simple video editing solution. Based on this and other findings, Magisto has launched Groups, Video Albums, Themes and an updated algorithm that automatically produces and edits personal videos. Additionally, Magisto has overhauled the design of its website to include a simplified design and user interface.
"There are plenty of apps that help the average user create professional looking photos but nothing has done that for video," said Oren Boiman, CEO of Magisto. "We dove deep into the art of editing and production and have given people the ability to truly tell their stories. We've fully automated and simplified an extremely sophisticated process to a few clicks, and believe this will solve for what's missing in social video today."
More than half of parents (57%) surveyed only share videos with family or close friends. Magisto's new video Albums enable people to organize their movies according to subject matter and to share them with corresponding Groups to ensure that personal movies are finding the right audience. Groups can range from "Family Members" to "Skate Buddies" and users can create any number of them. Video Albums contextualize users' video stories and are a brand-new way to simultaneously share collections of videos.
With a click of a button, people can choose from new Themes to inform the look and feel of their movies. From "So Cute" to the edgier "Street Beat", each Theme includes custom special effects, title treatments and song suggestions.
Using Themes as a guide, Magisto's new algorithm adjusts its editing style to inject the users' intended emotion. The result is a keepsake purposefully designed for storytelling, sharing and remembering those life experiences.
In the near future, Magisto will introduce other incremental features including collaborative storytelling where multiple users can contribute to one movie, and post-production features to further tweak the edited videos. The company will also support television and other connected devices in the coming months.
"A recent Business Insider report said that 'mobile video is becoming a mass consumer phenomenon, much as digital photos were earlier in the smartphone adoption cycle'," said Magisto's new Chief Marketing Officer, Reid Genauer. "Our research confirms that and suggests that mainstream adoption is right around the corner. It's a nascent market waiting for a one-click solution that yields professional quality movies; Magisto is just that."
Driven by artificial intelligence and simple user experience, Magisto is an ecosystem for creating and sharing professional quality personal movies. It automatically selects the most compelling moments and, like an expert video editor, weaves them together to convey a story with customized styles and music. Magisto can be used across iOS, Android and the Web.
Magisto has a 4.5 star rating in the Apple Store and Google Play, and has been downloaded by millions of consumers and is a top video application in a dozen countries.
The company is funded by Horizons Ventures and Magma Venture Partners, and is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel with offices in New York and California. To learn more, visit http://www.magisto.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict