|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
DALLAS and BEIJING, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services, and I-Mobile Corporation, a leading mobile handset provider in Thailand and Southeast Asia, today announced an agreement to bring consumers easy access to one the most powerful mobile security and safety apps on the market to help ensure safe mobile experiences for its users.
I-Mobile will pre-install NQ Mobile Security on its Android mobile devices beginning this month.
"Mobile handset providers like I-Mobile are indispensable partners in our efforts to expand globally and protect mobile users across the world, namely as we increase our presence in Southeast Asian markets," said Omar Khan, Co-CEO, NQ Mobile. "It's imperative that consumers in Southeast Asia become educated about growing mobile malware threats and learn how to protect their mobile devices. By offering NQ Mobile Security as a pre-installation on its smart devices, I-Mobile is providing its customers with tools that will help ensure the safety and security of their valuable mobile data."
NQ Mobile's flagship application, Mobile Security detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats. NQ Mobile Security has been proven by independent security lab tests, like West Coast Labs Comparative Test, to outperform all competitive mobile security platforms. NQ Mobile Security was also a top performer in effectiveness, with a 99 percent malware detection rate, in research conducted by AV-TEST Institute, a leading international and independent service provider in the fields of IT security and anti-virus research.
NQ Mobile Security Features:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking, and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on the phone, protecting that social networking, email, and financial accounts from being hacked and personal calls from being recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores contacts for easy access from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.
"As one of the leading mobile handset providers in Thailand and Southeast Asia, I-Mobile is committed to providing our customers with the finest customer service in the industry," said Mr.Ditaphon Chantraurai, AVP-Product Director, Product Marketing, I-Mobile Corporation. "We share NQ Mobile's belief that the best mobile experience is a safe mobile experience. We are delighted to be able to offer our customers the best mobile protection on the market with NQ Mobile Security, which will undeniably enhance our service offerings to our customers in Thailand and across Southeast Asia."
The NQ Mobile Security app is also available on the Google Play store along with NQ Family Guardian™ and NQ Mobile Vault™ for Android.
Established in 1995 and ranked as one of the leading telecommunication companies in the Asia Pacific, Samart I-Mobile is well known and highly regarded in 3 core strategic business areas, which are Innovative Mobile Phones, Great Content & Mobile Application, and Extensive Retail Business. Some of Samart I-Mobile's achievements include The Prime Minister's Export Award or PM Award in 2008, the highest governmental recognition in Thailand, under the category of "Thai Owned Brand", as well as "Design Excellence Award" (DEmark), from Thailand's Department of Export Promotion (DEP). For more information on I-Mobile, visit http://www2.i-mobilephone.com/.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of trusted mobile Internet services built on its world-class acquisition, engagement and monetization platform. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and now has about 242 million registered and 85 million active user accounts globally. NQ Mobile's cloud-based trust platform has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile is recognized as a global pioneer in mobile innovation and technology leadership. NQ Mobile maintains dual headquarters in Dallas, TX, USA and Beijing, China. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit http://www.nq.com.
MWW Group for NQ Mobile
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict