|By Business Wire||
|January 3, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission (AGFC) has published a mobile application for users of Android-based phones and tablets. The application provides all of the features of the popular AGFC iPhone application, which was released in 2009 and has been downloaded over 80,000 times. In 2012 over 28 percent of hunters checked their game using the iPhone application.
“The iPhone application was very successful,” said Nancy Ledbetter with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. “We have a growing number of users with Android phones, and we’re proud to offer this mobile application to help them access information from the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission while they are outdoors enjoying Arkansas’s natural resources.”
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Android application provides information and services for hunters, anglers, and outdoor enthusiasts enjoying the Natural State. Hunters can check game, view season dates and bag limits. Anglers can view fishing reports, use the fish identification search, and see Arkansas record catches. A personalized trophy case allows users to upload their photos and trophy information which can be shared on Facebook, AGFC.com and email. Daily News and Alert notifications with links to AGFC Twitter and Facebook pages are available. Also included are links to purchase licenses on AGFC.COM. There have been over 10,500 downloads at https://play.google.com/store/search?q=agfc&c=apps since the application launched. Arkansas is among the most progressive states in delivering mobile-friendly government solutions.
Arkansas.gov is the official Web site of the state of Arkansas (http://www.arkansas.gov) and a service of the Information Network of Arkansas offering more than 1,100 state and local online services. The Information Network of Arkansas is a public-private partnership between the state of Arkansas and the Arkansas Information Consortium that helps state government entities Web-enable their information services. Little Rock-based AIC is part of eGovernment firm NIC’s (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies.
NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. NIC provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies across the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict