|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 06:16 PM EST||
RICHMOND, Va., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Spider Management Company, LLC, a registered investment advisor serving the University of Richmond and other select non-profits, has named Steven C. Henderson director of investments. Henderson has more than 25 years in investment management, serving the past 14 years as a program and portfolio manager with the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), the $53 billion state pension system. Henderson will join Spider Management, which is the University of Richmond's investment affiliate, on Jan. 14.
At VRS, Henderson was responsible for all aspects of the fixed income program, including a team of four investment professionals, with the objective of generating excess returns and managing overall portfolio risk. As a member of VRS' management committee, he was involved in setting asset allocation strategy and working with the VRS board of trustees. As part of his work, he identified new investment strategies, including emerging market debt and opportunistic trades, and formulated top down and sector ideas incorporating macro and microeconomic analysis.
"Steve brings to Spider Management an extremely valuable skill set that complements our current team and investment strategy. His previous achievements, seniority, risk perspective and asset allocation experience will be great additions to our organization," said Rob Blandford, Spider Management's chief investment officer. "Steve also has extensive knowledge of derivatives, fixed income and currencies, which provides us with additional tools to support our work. I am looking forward to working with Steve, and I am excited by the skills he brings to the team."
Prior to joining VRS, Henderson was a portfolio manager at Mentor Investment Group and an investment analyst with Ryland Mortgage Company. He has a B.A. from the University of Richmond, an MBA in finance from George Washington University and the chartered financial analyst designation from the CFA Institute. He also has served on the boards of several nonprofits.
"Steve stood out among a very strong field in a national search. We're fortunate to add not only his investment intellect and industry experience to Spider Management, but also his understanding of the perspective of our partners, given his philanthropic involvement. He is highly regarded by his colleagues, committed to our future and well-aligned with our team. I am confident that Steve's knowledge, professionalism, and character will serve Spider Management and our investors extremely well in the years to come," said Steve Kneeley, Spider Management's chief executive officer.
"It is with great enthusiasm that I join the Spider Management team. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the organization, the talented professionals and the high level of investment work that Spider Management does on behalf of nonprofits," Henderson said. "I am looking forward to contributing in a meaningful way and to working closely with the great people internally and externally involved with the organization."
About Spider Management:
Spider Management Company, LLC, is a registered investment advisor located in Richmond, Virginia. Spider Management serves as the University of Richmond's investment affiliate and also provides investment management services to other unaffiliated endowments and foundations. The firm's mission is to provide superior investment performance and service to its partners, enabling them to realize their valued missions. Spider Management believes success comes from working in a passionate, professional, collaborative environment that promotes ethical behaviors, excellence, and continuous growth and improvement.
SOURCE Spider Management Company, LLC
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict