|By Marketwired .||
|January 2, 2013 01:00 PM EST||
AVON, OH -- (Marketwire) -- 01/02/13 -- It's the beginning of a New Year; and for a lot of people, that means a fresh start. Whether it's at work, in the gym or at home, it's the perfect time to refresh and revitalize a tired routine and infuse your life with an extra dose of style. To help homeowners up the ante in every room of the house, FrogTape® brand painter's tape teamed up with HGTV designer Taniya Nayak to determine trends that will be hot in home design and décor in 2013.
"Everyone wants their home to showcase their unique personality," says HGTV designer and television personality Taniya Nayak. "The easiest way to infuse your style -- while being on-trend -- is with an impactful pattern." According to Nayak, there are a few prints to be on the lookout for in 2013:
- Chevron: a bold, dramatic, V-shaped pattern
- Geometrics: graphic, colorful shapes, delivering a vintage-modern look and feel
- Ombré: subtle color gradation of similar shades that's extremely versatile
- Ikat: tribal, swirls and diamonds reminiscent of tie-dye
- Moroccan: culturally-inspired, timeless and exotic motifs
"These powerful patterns can be easily achieved with a fresh coat of paint and a premium painter's tape, like FrogTape® Multi-Surface and Delicate Surface," she added. "Treated with PaintBlock® Technology, FrogTape can be used to create these new, intricate patterns for a haute interior to kick off the New Year. And best of all, FrogTape will help deliver sharp lines, making your handiwork look like that of a professional."
PaintBlock Technology allows FrogTape users to achieve crisp, clean paint lines and save time and money by eliminating the need for touch-ups. PaintBlock is a superabsorbent polymer that gels instantly to form a micro-barrier, sealing the edges of the tape and preventing paint bleed. FrogTape Delicate Surface can be used on surfaces that require a tape with lower adhesion to prevent surface damage, such as fresh paint (at least 24 hours old), to help complete your project even faster.
2. Mixed Materials
"The key to updating your home with the latest trends is finding a balance," says Nayak. "It's all about making it personal and adding elements that fit your lifestyle and design personality, without breaking the bank." Another trend for 2013 -- that can make a big impact on a small budget -- is to mix materials, creating a blend of polished and raw in a room with modern and industrial elements. "The rustic look will be extremely popular in homes in 2013, as it's elegant and comfortable," adds Nayak. "It provides a feeling of richness and warmth, while still being comfortable to actually live in the space."
Mixing materials can also mean utilizing different finishes throughout a room. In the kitchen, using contrasting materials makes your space look personalized and custom. Try a mix of wood and painted finishes for a more layered and collected feel. By resisting the urge to perfectly match every piece, you'll have a space that looks current and works nicely together.
3. Unexpected Treatments
The final trend Nayak predicts for 2013 is re-imagining how to use materials. "Just because a product is made for a specific purpose, doesn't mean you can't use it in a different way," says Nayak. "For example, placing flooring materials on a wall can be breathtaking. Wood planks or concrete panels, featured vertically and not just on the ground, add richness and texture, keeping your look fresh and stylish for the New Year."
With the help of FrogTape and Nayak, make your home more personal, stylish and memorable in 2013. For more information and project inspiration, or to learn more about FrogTape brand painter's tape, visit frogtape.com.
FROGTAPE® BRAND PRODUCTS
The FrogTape® brand, marketed by ShurTech Brands, LLC, offers premium-quality, innovative painting tapes that feature PaintBlock® Technology, a super-absorbent polymer that seals the edges of the tape to keep paint out and lines sharp. For more information on FrogTape®, visit frogtape.com; Like us on Facebook® (facebook.com/frogtape); Follow us on Twitter® (@frogtape); Follow our boards on Pinterest® (pinterest.com/frogtape) or watch us on YouTube® (youtube.com/frogtapetube).
SHURTECH BRANDS, LLC
ShurTech Brands, LLC, markets do-it-yourself tapes, office and housewares products under the Duck®, FrogTape®, Painter's Mate Green®, Caremail®, Easy Liner® and Shurtape® brands. The company is a subsidiary of Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory, N.C., an industry-leading producer of pressure sensitive masking, duct, packaging and specialty tape products, with facilities in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico, Peru, United Arab Emirates and China. Shurtape services numerous markets, including industrial, packaging, HVAC, professional paint, auto, marine, aerospace, arts and entertainment, and retail. Shurtape also manufactures and markets the Shurtape® and Kip® brands. Visit ShurTech.com for more information.
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Pinterest® is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2191678
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict