|By Marketwired .||
|December 21, 2012 02:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CALIFORNIA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/21/12 -- OpenERP, the world's most installed management software, today announces that OpenERP 7.0 has been completely redesigned to feature a stunning user interface, a full featured library of open source business apps, an out-of-the-box use with no prior configuration at the impressive price of $39 or 35 EUR per month for the enterprise edition.
OpenERP 7.0 comes with new modules including: brand new touch screen Point-of-Sale, new contract management, timesheet, fleet management apps, LinkedIn and Google docs integration, social collaboration between apps which promises an alternative to traditional email, innovative kanban views to manage sales pipeline and projects, an integrated customer portal, reviewed productivity tools including GTD notes, agenda and address book.
The first Integrated Apps Platform
OpenERP 7.0 is bringing a major innovation ending a 30 year war among best of breeds and integrated application fans. By providing a portal of Integrated Business Apps, OpenERP is the first company to bring together the best of the ERP and the standalone app world.
Customers will have the choice to start with one or a few business applications addressing their most urgent needs. As they proceed and install additional applications, the new business applications will integrate automatically with existing ones. The portal will include not only OpenERP apps but also the hundreds of modules developed by the community.
"We've succeeded to bring the power of full featured ERPs with the simplicity and agility of dedicated business apps thanks to our concept of 'Integrated Apps" declares Marc Laporte, OpenERP, Chief Operating Officer.
Simple and easy to use apps.
Millions of mid-size businesses have been discouraged to use business software simply because of their complexity. OpenERP has reengineered 7.0. to turn its vision, making business tools accessible to any company in any country, into a reality.
OpenERP 7.0. has been tested with customers who had never been exposed to it. They have been able to complete without any prior training, simple flows, such as creating a sales order, invoicing a customer and registering the payment in only a few minutes. "This is one of the achievements we are most proud of," highlights Laporte "the idea that a user could start without prior configuration or training is simply unthinkable for our competitors."
Bringing Social Networks and Business Apps together
Business users are confronted with many unsolicited mails but almost never with the information they would actually need. With OpenERP 7.0, users select which business events they want to be informed of (delivery of a product, signature of a contract, recruitment for a position..) and are automatically notified when such an event occurs. Users can select the groups they want to follow to avoid being overwhelmed by information they don't need. Finally, they can access any document (for instance a sales order) and any discussion related to it in a single view. Bringing Social networks and business apps together is incredibly efficient and will replace mails in many cases.
The very same version OpenERP 7.0. is available either for onsite deployments or through OpenERP's SaaS platform.
OpenERP is Open Source. The community, comprised of 1200 active members, has contributed 2000 modules and has translated the software in over 25 languages. The network of 430 certified partners, established in 100 countries, deploys the solution locally. With 30,000 installations per month, is one of the most frequently installed business suites worldwide. Venture-funded, OpenERP raised $4 million in February 2010. For more information, see http://www.openerp.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict