|By PR Newswire||
|December 20, 2012 07:16 PM EST||
BOCA RATON, Fla., Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Internet entrepreneur, Robert Osterlund, founder of Inbox.com, and his wife have donated $10,000 as a jump start towards renovations of Chalk Hill School to provide a new school site for the Sandy Hook Elementary students following the tragic events of December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Conn. The staff of Inbox.com is furthering this effort by creating a viral campaign for more dollars on Indiegogo.com at http://igg.me/p/298826. As evidenced on the homepage of Inbox.com, www.inbox.com – Mr. Osterlund is running ad campaigns across his Internet properties, no small splash as Inbox.com alone is listed as a the 63rd most trafficked site by unique visitors in the world.
"This is a great start, but so much more is needed," stated Mr. Osterlund. "We are inviting everyone to help grow this gift for the children of Newtown who deserve a safe place, unassociated with this tragedy, where they can continue to learn, grow and heal."
Financial donations will go directly to modify Chalk Hill School to serve as a new school site for Sandy Hook students, perhaps adding counselors for helping children and teachers to better cope with the event, providing decompression rooms to go to, or offering coping activities. Closed in 2011, Chalk Hill served the town of Monroe, Conn. as part of its recreational department. The Inbox.com fundraising campaign is reaching out to the Sandy Hook's School Board and their Elementary School PTA to direct the use of the funds.
"Should this campaign take off the way we hope, we have a commitment by our founder to add another $10,000 toward creating a safe haven for the world's most important assets, our children," stated Skip Middleton, Executive Vice President of Inbox.com.
The staff of Inbox.com believes those affected need, above all, a warm, safe school environment. Children, teachers, and parents, and the first responders, need to talk through fears, share experiences, be heard, and feel comforted. Mr. Osterlund, through his own personal experiences, understands the value of this. Mr. Osterlund and his wife have two school-aged children, and the tragedy of this event is not lost on them.
How You Can Help:
The campaign is accessible from the Inbox.com home page – www.inbox.com where links point to the Indiegogo.com hosted site at http://www.indiegogo.com/osterlundsolacedrive. The drive already surpassed its $15,000 first tier goal. Mr. Osterlund desires to far surpass that amount to give the school officials more latitude for examining options for the children's safety and recovery. The Inbox.com staff asks everyone to aid the effort by sending the share link http://igg.me/p/298826 to their friends and family, and if possible, contribute. The site features share links to Facebook®, Twitter®, and Google+™.
"The more people know about this great effort, the more likely we'll reach the goal," stated Mr. Osterlund. "Let's show them we care and will stand together to assist in their time of crisis."
About Robert Osterlund:
Mr. Robert Osterlund is a lifelong entrepreneur and has founded a variety of successful business endeavors in the tech world and in global commercial real estate. Mr. Osterlund and his family recently moved to Toronto, Canada. Mr. Osterlund has constantly involved his companies, assets and his family in charitable works such as disaster relief for Hurricane Katrina, the Indonesian Tsunami, the Haiti relief effort following the earthquake, and many other ongoing charities involving canine cancer and children's programs in Scandinavia, the Bahamas and North America.
About Inbox.com, Inc.:
Inbox.com, Inc. is a leading innovator of search technology and software applications focusing on rich, interactive experiences and safety for consumers and businesses. The company is dedicated to the idea that everyone worldwide should have access to free software. Inbox.com alone is listed as as the 63rd most trafficked site by unique visitors in the world according to Compete.com by its November 2012 report. To learn more, visit www.Inbox.com.
SOURCE Inbox.com, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict