|By PR Newswire||
|December 20, 2012 06:38 PM EST||
BOSTON, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Block & Leviton LLP (www.blockesq.com), a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty by the Board of Directors of Westway Group, Inc. ("Westway" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: WWAY) concerning the proposed acquisition of the Company by EQT's Infrastructure II Fund ("EQT") in an all cash transaction expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2013.
Under the terms of the proposed acquisition, announced after the close of the market on December 20, 2012, EQT will acquire all of the outstanding equity securities of Westway in a deal for approximately $6.70 per Westway share, setting a value for the Company of approximately $470 million. This represents a paltry 9% premium to the closing price the day of the announcement. The offer price is well below the price targets proposed by analysts available on investment sites such as Yahoo! Finance. Indeed, the Company's stock traded above the offer price as recently as September 24, 2012. Moreover, Westway has recently delivered positive news to investors, including an announcement with their most recent Form 10-Q that Company consolidated net income was up 21%.
Block & Leviton's investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether Westway's Directors breached their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value in the proposed acquisition by EQT and the overall fairness of the process by which the Westway Directors considered and approved the transaction.
If you are a Westway shareholder and have questions about your legal rights, or if you have information relevant to this investigation, please contact attorney Steven P. Harte, at (617) 398-5600 or email him at [email protected].
Block & Leviton is a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide for violations of securities laws. The firm's lawyers have collectively been prosecuting securities cases on behalf of investors for over 50 years. This notice may constitute attorney advertising.
BLOCK & LEVITON LLP
Steven P. Harte, Esq.
SOURCE Block & Leviton LLP
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict