|By PR Newswire||
|December 20, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Google's decision to discontinue Google Health will go into effect January 1st, 2013, permanently removing access for all existing Google Health users. drchrono, the company providing Free Electronic Health Records to physicians on the iPad, has created a seamless replacement for Google Health. "We're committed to the idea of giving patients control of their health data and being able to manage this data from doctors and other sources in one place," explained drchrono Cofounder and CEO, Michael Nusimow.
Today drchrono officially released onpatient, allowing users to create a personal health record from their Google Health data. This record can be linked to drchrono's free Electronic Health Record platform, a platform currently being used by over 35,000 physicians. "Giving patients access to their health records and allowing them to share this data directly with their physicians corresponds with our long term goal," Nusimow discussed. With 1.5 million personal records created before the public launch, onpatient is easily taking over where Google Health left off.
The primary difference between drchrono onpatient and Google Health is that "onpatient is focused on creating a unique mobile healthcare experience for individuals," explained drchrono Cofounder and COO, Daniel Kivatinos. "A focus on mobile devices also allows for better doctor-patient interaction. For example, a patient can take advantage of the picture and video capabilities from an iPhone and share this with a physician in a HIPAA-compliant manner to monitor progress of a condition or issue. Allowing patients to easily track their medical information makes an individual more aware and accountable for their own health."
Like Google Health, drchrono is bridging partnerships within the healthcare industry. One partnership is with iHealth, a company that provides FDA-approved devices such as the iHealth blood pressure cuff and scale for iPhone, devices that can be used from home. "iHealth is committed to making it convenient for doctors and patients to easily share health information," said Adam Lin, General Manager at iHealth Labs, Inc. "This partnership with drchrono's onpatient personal medical record will make it as simple for patients to share information with their doctor as it is to manage their wellbeing with iHealth's mobile devices."
A personal health record connecting to devices like iHealth's and utilizing mobile applications like iOS Passbook make it easier for patients to keep track of their health. "Passbook is game changing to healthcare; it allows a user to enter, collect, and present data to their doctors all through their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch," further noted Kivatinos. "Our end goal is to remove paper from the doctor-patient relationship, and this is another step in that direction." With onpatient, fumbling with medical forms and searching through paper records is a thing of the past.
drchrono focuses on Apple's iPad, iPhone and cloud computing to build a better healthcare experience. They offer a free EHR platform built on the iPad that is Meaningful Use certified. drchrono is also the first iPad EHR to implement real-time clinical speech-to-text, patient eligibility checks, and iPad based medical billing. drchrono integrates everything doctors need to run their practice, including: medical records, electronic prescribing, medical billing, and patient management. For more information, visit https://drchrono.com.
The drchrono iPad EHR is 2011/2012 compliant and has been certified by InfoGard Laboratories, an ONC-ATCB, as a complete EHR in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. drchrono version 9.0 was Stage 1 certified on June 3, 2011. The ONC certification ID number is IG-2492-11-0083.
About iHealth Lab Inc.
iHealth Lab designs and manufactures consumer-friendly, mobile personal healthcare products. The company focuses on delivering easy-to-use products that make it simple for you to test, track, graph, and share your health information regularly. iHealth has developed a suite of personal healthcare devices designed for the iOS mobile platform. Visit www.ihealthlabs.com for more information.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict