|By PR Newswire||
|December 19, 2012 06:18 AM EST||
STOCKHOLM, December 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Plingm, the Swedish mobile VoIP app launches free mobile group chat that connects LinkedIn's 151 million users worldwide. Via Plingm, LinkedIn users can also call each other for free.
"In a turbulent job market, the need to network professionally is greater than ever. By making it easier to communicate with work related contacts, we hope that more people will find new dream jobs," says Pandelis Eliopoulos, co-founder of Plingm.
Via Plingm chat, LinkedIn's 151 million users can now chat for free, one by one or with group chat. Thanks to an innovative back-end solution, LinkedIn users can also use Plingm to call each other for free even if they don't have each other's telephone numbers.
Chat, also known as Instant Messaging, is increasingly replacing the traditional text messages that are sent via operator networks. As chat messages are sent via the internet, either wifi or 3G, these messages are free to send domestically and internationally.
"Traditional text messaging has played out its role. As the use of social media grows and matures, a communication app which allows borderless messaging is a logical evolution of mobile communication," says Pandelis Eliopoulos, co-founder of Plingm.
How to do it
Download the Plingm app from App Store and accept to connect with your LinkedIn account. The app automatically scans and imports all your contacts to a social address book. Calls and chat between Plingm users are free, domestically and internationally. LinkedIn calls and chat for Android will be available first quarter 2013.
About the app
With an impressive consumer rating on App Store and Google Play, the communication app Plingm combines quality with user-friendliness. Calling and chatting with this app instead of a traditional operator will save people large sums of money, particularly on international communication. At a low rate, consumers can also call friends not yet using Plingm.
Plingm develops innovative people friendly technology that enables people cost efficient ways to communicate. The company was founded by entrepreneurs from the telecommunications- and Internet industry. Plingm is based in Stockholm and active in 170 markets. More info on plingm.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict