|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 06:29 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Do the names Bill Clinton, Bob Livingston, James McGreevey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Edwards, Christopher Lee, and Anthony Weiner, to name a few, ring a bell? If so,that is because at one point in time they were involved in a sexual, political scandal and Americans wanted to know every gritty detail involved.
But what about the women that were involved in these so called political affairs? The media and Americans were eager to label them as "home-wreckers", "oppertunists", and even "fame seekers". The woman were under public scrutiny, yet not for the right reasons. The public was quick to pass judgement and never really saught out nor wanted to believe their side of the story. Americans may find it hard to believe that these "men of power and high esteem" were not victims themselves and were somehow coerced into these extramarital affairs by these "home-wrecking women" , and are often quickly forgiven after what seems to be a sincere public apology.
For some of those cases, perhaps those labels could be somewhat valid assumptions and well deserved, but what about the TRUE and SILENT victims that NEVER came forward? The ones who have been coherced and scared into silence? Especially the UNDERAGE victims to sexual child abuse from "men of power".
According to the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, over 90,000 child sexual abuse cases are recorded each year, leaving a horrifying unknown number of what could be several thousands of UNRECORDED abuse to account for as well.
While doing research on the subject, I recently stumbled upon a link to an interview between newbie author Amber Walter, who just released her debut novel; The Three Year Lie, and CBS 5 News Anchor Greg Argos, regarding her novel that greatly and graphically details her underage relationship with a man she refers to as "Arizona State Senator Damien Preston".
I was horrified to read some of the comments strangers had left this poor girl in regards to her bravery and honesty in writing her book of the tragedy and sexual abuse she was subjected to as a 12 year old CHILD for four years.
People seem to be angry and are attempting to discredit her story because of her refusal to reveal "Senator Prestons" true identity so that he can be apprehended. I am astonished at the lack of empathy her fellow Americans have in regard to the bravery she has already shown. What Walter has done by coming out with her tragic story, is giving a face to a person, a victim of sexual child abuse, who lived in silence for so many years, and has finally found the strength to speak out.
Don't get me wrong, I do not disagree with the folks wanting to know who this pedophiles true identiy is, so he can be punished accordingly. I do however strongly beleive that if Walter never reveals his true identity, at least she has done a great job and bringing awareness to the silent victims of abuse from our "leaders".
She is one of the first victims to come forward publicly and has created a platform for other women who were abused as INNOCENT little girls to follow suite and come forward as well, or at the very least, know that they are not alone.
To learn more about Amber Walter and her novel The Three Year Lie, please visit her website; thethreeyearlie.com or follow her on twitter @Amber_Walter. I know she has two charities she is working with to put child abuse to an end for good.
SOURCE TCC 2
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict