|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 10:12 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The national nonprofit the Leapfrog Group today announced the Hospital Safety Score(SM) app, now available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, rating hospitals throughout the country on errors, accidents and infections. The app, which can be downloaded by visiting www.hospitalsafetyscore.org, locates and assigns letter grades to more than 2,600 general hospitals in the U.S., giving users an instant method of finding the safest hospitals in the vicinity. This is thought to be the first app of its kind devoted exclusively to patient safety ratings.
Calculated under the guidance of the nation's leading experts in patient safety, the Hospital Safety Score is an A, B, C, D or F score assigned to U.S. hospitals based on preventable medical errors, injuries, accidents, and infections. More than 2,600 general, acute care hospitals across the country are included in the app. The Hospital Safety Score is administered by the independent, national nonprofit organization, The Leapfrog Group, which for over a decade has been the standard for public reporting of patient safety for hospitals in the U.S.
The Hospital Safety Score app was built by Ringful Health, LLC. The Leapfrog Group suggests that consumers use the Hospital Safety Score app to:
- Research the safety of hospitals in their community
- Have easy access to the Hospital Safety Scores of hospitals in another area while traveling
- Instantly determine the safest hospital for care in the event of an emergency, which can be communicated to an ambulance driver or family member
- Consider the safety of hospitals in a new community when considering a move
- Learn about important precautions to take while hospitalized
- Talk to their doctor or nurse about efforts to improve health care
The Hospital Safety Score app features include:
- GPS-enabled search for all hospitals within 100 miles of the user's geographic location
- Ability to search for hospitals by name, city or state
- Map display of all Hospital Safety Score letter grades in the user's area
- Complete score details for each graded hospital
- Patient's Guide to a Safe Hospital Stay, including questions to ask your doctor and precautions to take in the hospital
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Requires Android 2.2 and up
Pricing and Availability:
To download the free app, visit www.hospitalsafetyscore.org.
About The Leapfrog Group
The Hospital Safety Score (www.hospitalsafetyscore.org) is an initiative of The Leapfrog Group (www.leapfroggroup.org), a national nonprofit organization using the collective leverage of large purchasers of health care to initiate breakthrough improvements in the safety, quality, and affordability of health care for Americans. The flagship Leapfrog Hospital Survey allows purchasers to structure their contracts and purchasing to reward the highest performing hospitals.
SOURCE The Leapfrog Group
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict