|By Marketwired .||
|December 18, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/18/12 -- Egnyte, enterprise file sharing provider, today announced the addition of EMC VNX and VNXe, and iomega PX series to the EgnytePlus Ecosystem, joining existing certified storage partners IBM, NetApp, NETGEAR and Synology. EgnytePlus Partners shipped over 50% of the NAS units worldwide in 2011,(1) providing customers with the ability to leverage the widest selection of local storage. This in turn provides 25 times faster file access and avoids oversaturation of the internet connection caused by cloud-only file sharing services.
"We began four years ago with a cloud-only file sharing solution, but our vision was always to give enterprise customers a choice of leveraging local storage and cloud along with the ability to control where files are stored," said Vineet Jain, CEO, Egnyte Inc. "Today, we provide file sharing regardless of whether it's on local storage or in the cloud. We're excited to add EMC to the EgnytePlus ecosystem as it gives our customers the largest range of local storage solutions to work with."
EgnytePlus Partners must be certified using a rigorous set of tests designed to ensure that each solution exceeds Egnyte's stringent functionality, reliability and performance criteria. EgnytePlus adds the following tiers to traditional storage solutions:
- Sharing tier - enabling controlled secure sharing of files with mobile devices for anywhere, anytime, any device sharing of files
- Replication tier - enabling controlled secure site-to-site replication
- Archive tier - enabling controlled secure archiving and file backup
Over 1 billion files are shared daily by businesses using Egnyte Hybrid Cloud file server. Egnyte's unique technology provides the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud. Users can easily store, share, access and backup files, while IT has the centralized administration and control to enforce business policies. Founded in 2007, Egnyte is based in Mountain View, California and is a privately held company backed by venture capital firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Floodgate Fund, and Polaris Venture Partners. For more information, please visit http://www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE.
- Follow Egnyte on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Egnyte
- Join Egnyte on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Egnyte
- Connect with Egnyte on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/egnyte
Email: Email Contact
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict