|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 08:00 PM EST||
MUNICH, December 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
For the ninth time, Hubert Burda Media brings together pioneers of the digital age in Munich
"Patterns That Connect" is the theme of Burda's international DLD innovation conference in Munich from January 20 to 22, 2013. At DLD, creative minds, digital entrepreneurs as well as leading scientists, data scientist and artists discuss the most pertinent issues of today and tomorrow, and explore new (business) opportunities. Key DLD13 topics are e-commerce, digital security/privacy, education/social issues, and the future of entertainment.
Key agenda items include the future of e-commerce and the hot topic of digital security/privacy. Other sessions will focus on the changes in the educational sector. How and, even more importantly, what will we learn in the future? What are the strategic and logistical challenges in online retail? How are new mobile devices changing the behavior of consumers and media users? Will a customization of content be required in the future? Which technological innovations will change our society in the years to come? DLD13 speakers and attendees will discuss these and other questions from a variety of perspectives.
Speakers at previous DLD events included digital entrepreneur Marc Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt, Sean Parker, Marissa Mayer; but also Lady Gaga, Nobel Laureates Martti Ahtisaari and Dan Kahneman, Scientists as Craig Venter as well as Deepak Chopra, Paulo Coelho and architects Zaha Hadid, Norman Foster and Rem Koolhaas. At the upcoming event in January 2013, Stephanie Czerny will once again bring together influential creative minds and pioneers from the global digital industry, the media, politics, business, finance, science, society, art and design in Munich.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jack Dorsey, Co-Founder & CEO Square
- Tony Hsieh, CEO Zappos
- David Marcus, CEO Paypal
- René Schuster, CEO Telefónica Deutschland
- Peter Thiel, Partner at Founders Fund
- Eugene Kaspersky, security expert
- Sunil Madhu, Founder & CEO Socure
- Sanghvi Ruchi, CTO Dropbox
- Carson Sweet, Co-Founder & CEO Cloud Passage
- DJ Patil, data scientist
- Scott Belsky, Founder Behance and author of "Making Ideas Happen"
- Ben Horowitz, Partner at Andreessen Horowitz/Investor of "RapGenius"
- Aaron Koblin, Creative Director Data Arts Team Google
- Ynon Kreitz, CEO Maker Studios
- John Maeda, computer scientist
- Zach Sims, Co-Founder Code Academy
DLD13 is themed "Patterns that Connect", and this alludes to a wide range of topics: from binary codes as the basis for processing digital information; patterns in human behavior; algorithms that, as programming instructions, stipulate actions; to data visualization that shows patterns in data flows. Patterns break up complexities, make big data tangible and applicable through the identification of patterns, and are the link to structured design. DLD regards itself as a "pattern recognizer" of structures that will become important in the future. However, it also breaks up patterns to piece them back together in a new context.
'Data brings us closer to the complex patterns of everything we do; it changes our perspective on our life, societies and values. DLD identifies and brings together the most important drivers in these various fields to discuss future opportunities,' says DLD founder and director Steffi Czerny.
This year, the chairmen of the event, publisher Dr. Hubert Burda and investor Dr. Yossi Vardi, will welcome around 800 international attendees to the agenda setting at Munich's HVB-Forum. Top-notch events during the conference include the Chairmen & Speaker Dinner at the Jewish Community Center (January 20), the DLD StarNight (January 21), and the presentation of the "Aenne Burda Awards for Creative Leadership". Past award recipients were Arianna Huffington (Huffington Post), Marissa Mayer (former Google), and Mitchell Baker (Mozilla Firefox). The traditional closing event of the DLD Conference is once again the DLD FOCUS Nightcap at the World Economic Forum in Davos (January 23).
For the second time, DLD Campus together with the Internet Business Cluster (IBC) will host the meeting of a digital pioneer and students: Peter Thiel, one of the initial Facebook investors, is scheduled to give a public lecture at the University of Munich (LMU).
The sessions are aired on live-stream by DLD Media. DLD is a "by invitation only" event. There are still a limited number of tickets available, so if you are interested in attending DLD13, please apply here: http://www.hbm-events.com/dld13/application/. Total ticket costs for the three-day event are € 2,750 plus VAT.
Facts & Figures on DLD 2013:
- The conference takes place at the HBV-Forum in Munich on January 20-22, 2013.
- Key topics: E-Commerce, Security/Privacy, Entertainment, Education/Social Issues
- Discussions, workshops, case studies and lectures: Over 100 international top-notch speakers meet with more than 800 influential attendees from the areas of business, art, media, technology, society, politics and science.
- Chairmen: Investor Dr. Yossi Vardi and publisher Dr. Hubert Burda
- For further information: http://www.dld-conference.com
- For accreditation requests: [email protected]
DLD is Hubert Burda Media's international conference and innovation platform. DLD Media organizes Europe's leading digital conference DLD, the women's conference DLDwomen, and international network events in locations such as Palo Alto, New York, London, Tel Aviv, Istanbul, Rio de Janeiro and Beijing. DLD Media releases publications, online and video formats and studies on conference content and advises DLD partnerships, start-ups, investors, and institutions. Stephanie Czerny is the Managing Director who co-founded the DLD Conference in 2005.
For further inquires please contact:
Hubert Burda Media
81925 Munich, Germany
Email: [email protected]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict