|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2012 09:12 AM EST||
harmon.ie,® the social software company, today released 2013 predictions for the enterprise social and mobile industry by CEO and co-founder Yaacov Cohen. Cohen sees social and collaborative processes becoming fully integrated into business workers’ daily habits, as opposed to being individual silos supported by a separate set of tools. Specifically, the proliferation and adoption of Microsoft’s SharePoint and IBM’s Connections place these traditional enterprise leaders back in the center of the business with key social collaboration platforms. And RIM’s re-entry into the enterprise mobile market with BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 (BES 10) and BlackBerry 10 devices will signal its renaissance as a secure mobile player in the enterprise.
Here’s Cohen’s rationale. Do you agree we are “back to the future” and beyond?
- The desire for secure mobile – The explosion of iPad usage is driving an insatiable desire to use the iPad at work. However, data stored on the iPad is at risk if the device is stolen or lost, and Apple doesn’t have a native solution. But there’s hope…
- The release of BES 10 - With this release, RIM is going back to its roots as the leading secure mobile enterprise solution. Initially it was through secure proprietary devices; this time it is embracing its rivals by securing all mobile devices: iOS, Android and the new Blackberry 10. The strategy of supporting competing devices will not only grow the iPad market, but it will also be the impetus for RIM’s comeback.
- Microsoft’s acquisition of Yammer – “Microsoft” and “cool” are two words which normally don’t go together. But with Microsoft’s acquisition of Yammer, Microsoft is now in the driver’s seat to deliver the social experience to the millions of Office users. Yammer, combined with other Office products like SharePoint, will make Office social and for the first time combine business processes with social activities.
- The Microsoft Cloud – Microsoft’s entrenchment in the business world will pole vault its new Office cloud to becoming a serious player very quickly. All the advantages of a SaaS offering, attractive pricing and a familiar set of tools will make it hard for competitors to rival Microsoft in the enterprise cloud arena.
- Social business initiative – IBM continues to make a push and significant investments into helping organizations build a social business.
- Integration with entrenched products – IBM Connections version 4.0 presents an exciting new social and collaboration offering with out-of-the-box integration with Microsoft Outlook. Like RIM, integrating with entrenched competitive products like Microsoft’s will pay off.
“Social interactions and collaboration will become an integral part of employees’ daily workflow and business processes. Users will not be relegated to an isolated set of productivity tools,” said Cohen. “The integration between collaboration/social products and enterprise business software will breathe new life into old behemoths. Most notably, the emergence of meaningful activity streams in enterprise applications will become mainstream.”
Click to Tweet: harmon.ie CEO Yaacov Cohen sees #socialbusiness triggering the renaissance of #Microsoft, #IBM & #RIM #mobile, #collaboration
harmon.ie provides software solutions to advance the social user experience by aggregating document collaboration, enterprise social networking and other social tools into the email client and mobile devices. Thousands of businesses including Continental Corporation, BearingPoint and Amway use harmon.ie to vastly increase user adoption of applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, IBM® Connections, and Google Docs™ for social and collaboration functions. harmon.ie is a Microsoft Gold Competency ISV Partner. For more information, visit http://harmon.ie/.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict