|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
QSecure, Inc., the leader in powered payment cards, announces IMAGO (pronounced ee-ma-go), a powered payment card and mobile app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones.
With IMAGO’S patent pending technology, users program their IMAGO card with their smartphone screen and can use IMAGO at existing credit card terminals. IMAGO accepts all major credit cards, gift cards, and loyalty cards and helps users maximize gift card redemption while radically slimming down their wallet or pocketbook. To see an IMAGO video, visit www.qsecure.com.
Using your phone to make payments and manage your cards is widely believed to be the Next Big Thing, but progress is stalled because merchants don’t have the type of credit card terminals that the phone companies need them to have, a technology called NFC. IMAGO solves the problem because it can communicate directly with regular credit card terminals and with smart phones, forming a bridge between the two.
"The war of the wallets is on between big players like Visa, MasterCard, Google, Square, and Apple, but merchants and consumers are waiting to see which of these platforms will become predominant," explains QSecure CEO Mike Cummings, "Because our solution uses the phone’s display to communicate with the card, it can be used with any smartphone running our IMAGO App. There is no need for consumers to wait for the next generation smartphone or for merchants to change their credit card terminals to take advantage of mobile wallets."
Security is a big concern in the mobile payment industry and IMAGO took special care in this area. Each IMAGO card can only communicate with a paired IMAGO App and the user can lock the Card at any time with a long press of the button. The IMAGO App uses bank-level encryption to store sensitive user data in the phone and never uploads any personal user information to the “cloud” like the Google and PayPal wallets do.
IMAGO is available for pre-order today at www.qsecure.com.
Founded in 2003, QSecure is a leading developer of dynamic payment card technology for the payments and banking industries. The company is headquartered in Los Altos, CA.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict