|By Business Wire||
|December 14, 2012 11:03 AM EST||
C Spire Wireless, the only U.S. wireless provider that offers consumers and businesses a suite of personalized services, is making it easy for diehard football fans to find just the right apps to enhance their game-day experience during the 2012 college bowl season.
Whether you have a ticket to one of the 35 bowl games or plan to watch from home with friends and family, the SCOUT 3.0 personalization tool from C Spire helps connect you to the best smartphone and tablet apps to stay updated on all the action and share the experience with others.
“From seniors playing for the final time to settling grudge matches from the past or following your alma mater, there’s a reason to watch one of this season’s 34 bowl games leading up to the BCS national championship on Jan. 7 in Miami,” said Jim Richmond, vice president of Corporate Communications for C Spire Wireless. “Our SCOUT 3.0 personalization tool eliminates the time-consuming and sometimes frustrating trial and error discovery process and ensures that fans will be able to enjoy these games with the best apps tailored to their individual needs and desires.”
The free SCOUT 3.0 personalization tool is available on devices that use the Android or Apple iOS mobile operating systems and can be downloaded from Google Play, the Apple App Store or at cspire.com. In addition, SCOUT 3.0 offers movie, book and music recommendations that can be downloaded from iTunes, Amazon.com and other sources.
C Spire gets experts and Star users to review and rate apps and other content weekly and share their views in a critics program on the company’s website and over social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Based on reviews and other ratings, here is a sampling of some of the best apps for the 2012 college bowl season:
- College Football Bowl Games – get team matchups, history, previews, live scores and updates from all major sports news sources, a kickoff countdown clock and links to each bowl website.
- ESPN College Football – for breaking news and score alerts, this app provides game previews, analysis and highlights with easy access to live game video on WatchESPN.
- College Football Radio – listen to your favorite bowl game live on the radio.
- StatMilk College Football – a one-stop shop for college football junkies with a portal to stats for all NCAA football teams that will help you get answers for the countless bets, wagers and arguments during the bowl season.
- Color – stream live video and audio from your game-day tailgating party right to your Facebook timeline for later viewing or reliving those special moments with friends.
- College Football Traditions – get trivia, facts and traditions on the 70 teams in this year’s games.
- College Bowl Games Pick-em – use this fun, interactive app to pick the teams you think will win each of the 35 college bowl season games. The app tracks your picks, compares yours to others and ranks you in a leaderboard.
- Tablegaters – whether you’re on a business trip, vacation or in town, don’t miss the opportunity to cheer on your favorite bowl team or alma mater with fellow alumni and fans by finding local venues or official alumni game watch events everywhere with links to Facebook.
About C Spire Wireless
C Spire Wireless is a diversified wireless communications company passionately committed to helping customers by personalizing wireless services designed just for them. The company is the first wireless provider in the U.S. to personalize customers’ experience by providing recommendations for apps, music, movies and books that fit who they are, services that anticipate their needs, and rewards for using their phone in new ways – all with seamless ease and at amazingly fast speeds. For more information about C Spire Wireless and its products and services, visit www.cspire.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cspire, YouTube at www.youtube.com/cspire, Twitter at www.twitter.com/cspire, Google+ or Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/cspirewireless.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- The CTOvision Big Data Top Enterprise Tech List: The most important data technologies to accelerate into your infrastructure
- Financial Results, New Contracts, Stock Performance Update, Survey Results, and Scheduled General Meetings - Research Report on Yahoo, Youku, YY, ChinaCache, and j2 Global
- Analyst One Announces Top Analytical Technologies List
- Canadian Companies Embrace Offshore Outsourcing in a Big Way
- SC13 Exhibitor Profiles
- Innovative Products, Financial Results Schedule, Annual General Meeting, and Mortgage Survey Results - Research Report on Google, TripAdvisor, Akamai, Bitauto, and Bankrate
- Enterprise Cloud Computing: Dallas – January 23 – 24, 2014
- Extending and Augmenting Hadoop
- Global Cloud Computing Services Industry
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Financial Results, New Appointments, and General Meetings - Research Report on Red Hat, Yelp, Sierra Wireless, Infinera, and Bitauto
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Azure CLI Day 3 – account set
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- Red Hat Extends Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platform with Latest Versions of Popular Programming Languages and Databases
- Big Data and Telecom Analytics Market: Business Case, Market Analysis & Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Microsoft's Chase After Google Reverberates